Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats everyone who has registered for races! Woot!!

I got a decent 4 mile run in this morning, after yesterdays 5k obstacle race i was pretty happy with it.

Robin...it's nice to know i ma not the only one starting to run as this middle stage of my life.

Joanna I was loosely trying to follow Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon for beginners. It's available online for free. But have switched to one I got form Runners World.com you go to smart coach enter some info about your running and when your HM is and it creates a schedule for you. ...But knowing me and indecisiveness I will end up doing some combination of the two
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Ran today - it was a good run. Hit the 5k mark in 33 and a half minutes, but I walked the first 5 minutes, so I know I can shave a couple minutes off that.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Got a 3 mile run in today. My pace was closer to what it used to be, before i got sick
Old 01-19-2013, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

4 miles today! First time I've run above a 5k in... 10 years? I did it in 41 minutes. My running app tells me I did the first 5k in 30:35 and that was walking the first 2 minutes, so I'm pretty sure I can do my 5k race in May way sub-30 mins.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you have done a great job, and stayed at it for a long time. Impressive Good luck as you continue working on your goals
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Finally went for a run outside- the first time since I ran the marathon back in Dec. I ran 4 miles in 40min, not too impressive, but its a start. I'm thinking of doing a 10k race next Sunday before the Super Bowl.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Nice job, sw, on getting back out there. I just ran 5k, running for the first time in a week (it's been so dang cold out!) I didn't break any records, but hey, at least I did it. I started having some knee pain near the end. I used to get that same pain when I ran when I was younger, but since I've started running the last couple of months, I haven't experienced it. I was bummed when I started feeling it again. I'm not sure if it's something with my stride, or my shoes, or what.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Nice job, sw, on getting back out there. I just ran 5k, running for the first time in a week (it's been so dang cold out!) I didn't break any records, but hey, at least I did it. I started having some knee pain near the end. I used to get that same pain when I ran when I was younger, but since I've started running the last couple of months, I haven't experienced it. I was bummed when I started feeling it again. I'm not sure if it's something with my stride, or my shoes, or what.
Oh-oh, where at on your knee? Congrats on the run especially in the cold.
I also hit up the gym after my run and did some squats & dead lifts and I'm really feeling it today.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Starting to increase my runs again hoping to do my 3rd Peachtree Road race 10K this July 4th in a row. I was 30 pounds heavier last year over the 2011 race. I can't do that again this year. I have to drop some additional poundage before this year but working to do better this year. Completed an hour jog this morning. I hope to get a little more speed as I drop some weight between now and July 4. I have 2 5ks planned in March.

Ed
Old 01-27-2013, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a good plan, Ed

sw, the pain was on the outside of my knee caps, sort of like, when you sit down, there's kind of a space between where the thigh bone meets the lower leg bone meets the patella, and it was right in there. In any case, it didn't last after I stopped running or anything, just as I was running did I feel the pain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.