Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #381 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunbikeSki View Post
Abby that is TERRIFIC! Super job. So did you finish feeling that you were ready to sign up for another race?
You bet I do - it was a great time, all of it, the kids rooting me on at the side of the road, the fun with friends before hand, the fact DH appeared (he works near this course) and was screaming my name at the finish line.

I was pretty steady, 9 minute miles at each check point, I chose someone to beat in given stretches, and that worked well to keep me moving.

I made a mistake signing up, they had an "Athena" category for women over 140 lbs, I thought that would put me higher in rankings, so I signed up as that (I'm 150 these days). Instead, they put all the Athenas, and the large men (I forget the name of their category), in one group - I was #25 in that group, but #8 in women 50-55 (I flipped the results to a spreadsheet to figure this out). Had they done it the way I expected (age group and weight class both considered in ranking, I would be #1 in Athenas 50-55).

Can you tell I'm a little bubbly?

Abby
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #382 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
27.31 - finished in position 503 in a field of 1054 - I'm pretty proud of myself!
Woohoo!



Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
I Instead, they put all the Athenas, and the large men (I forget the name of their category), in one group
Abby
Was it Clydesdale?
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2

Last edited by sw07; 07-20-2012 at 05:23 PM.
sw07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #383 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 630
Default On to my next one

I seem to have stolen this thread - I know a lot of you are racing and should be proud of it - and it doesn't have to be a formal race, let's give this a bump, are you racing for a personal best on the elliptical? We'll root for you!

I've signed up for the Bad Habits 5K on Labor Day - don't you love the name? It doesn't support smoking, drinking or wasting time on Facebook (bad habits all), there is a theater company by that name. It was my first 5K a year ago.

Abby
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #384 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
I seem to have stolen this thread - I know a lot of you are racing and should be proud of it - and it doesn't have to be a formal race, let's give this a bump, are you racing for a personal best on the elliptical? We'll root for you!

I've signed up for the Bad Habits 5K on Labor Day - don't you love the name? It doesn't support smoking, drinking or wasting time on Facebook (bad habits all), there is a theater company by that name. It was my first 5K a year ago.

Abby
Can't wait to see your results! Rest, relax, but don't over eat today.
__________________
Pam
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #385 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 562
Default

Ran my cross country 5k this morning, very hilly and fun and ran it in 25:07. Me and another runner kept passing each other during the course and he ended up barely beating me to a 3rd place finish in our age group.
He ran a 25:04.9 to my 25:07- so close...after the race, we were comparing notes and he said he was impressed by my hill climbing speed

So, I'm doing a double header next weekend- Saturday will be a 5k "fun run" to benefit a local playground that was destroyed by an arsonist and Sunday will be a 10k tribute run for the 9/11 and will benefit the orphans and widows of First responders and the Wounded Warriors Project.
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #386 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 965
Default

SW07;
Sounds like you had a great 5K. Next weekend sounds challenging with a double header. What age group did you finish 3rd in? (If you don't mine sharing?)
__________________
Ron

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200



My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #387 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmcduff View Post
SW07;
Sounds like you had a great 5K. Next weekend sounds challenging with a double header. What age group did you finish 3rd in? (If you don't mine sharing?)
The age group was 40-49 (I'm 45) and it was small race- I think a total of 36 runners competing. It seems the smaller races have the 9yr span in the age div. The guy that barely beat me was 47
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #388 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw07 View Post
Ran my cross country 5k this morning, very hilly and fun and ran it in 25:07. Me and another runner kept passing each other during the course and he ended up barely beating me to a 3rd place finish in our age group.
He ran a 25:04.9 to my 25:07- so close...after the race, we were comparing notes and he said he was impressed by my hill climbing speed

.
Wow, that's an amazing time,with hills et all!

I am proud of my 27.01 (not a PR but I am happy with it) I am first in my age / gender group but a smalll field, still,loads of fun!

I'll be rooting for you SW
Abby
dear_abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #389 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
sw07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Wow, that's an amazing time,with hills et all!

I am proud of my 27.01 (not a PR but I am happy with it) I am first in my age / gender group but a smalll field, still,loads of fun!

I'll be rooting for you SW
Abby
You should be proud:1st in Age & Gender- WooHoo! Congrats!!
__________________
2014 Race Schedule

4/26 Parkway 1/2- DNF
7/4 Firecracker 5k
10/5 Urban Cow 1/2
sw07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #390 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member
 
RunbikeSki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Wow, that's an amazing time,with hills et all!

I am proud of my 27.01 (not a PR but I am happy with it) I am first in my age / gender group but a smalll field, still,loads of fun!

I'll be rooting for you SW
Abby

WAY TO GO! Abby gets the top podium position! WHOO HOOO
__________________
Pam
5'4" 55yr

2.5 years, 45 pounds later... 128ish pounds
RunbikeSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
exercise advice, running, support, walking

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2