Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks HC and Pam. I really want to see how the 1/2 goes before I commit to a full.
I ran 11.15 miles this afternoon-the temps were in the 70's and it was getting a little difficult at 9.5 mile. I was starting to feel dehydrated and did not have any water with me, I left it in the car. That kinda kicked my butt.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey SW,
Great to see you getting the distance up. I am sure I don't need to remind you, but you really need to take water now that you are running longer distances. You can do some pretty unpleasant damage tto your legs that will set you back in the long run.

I still haven't gotten much of a run in since the last race and Vacay. I had planned doing 6 or so mile today, but it was such a great day to get a bunch garden chores completed I opted to to that instead.

We'll see how this week goes. Next race is the Lone Pine 10 mile trail run the 1st Satuday in May. I've done it before and it is a toughy. First 3 miles are all uphill and the last 2 are all uphill. The 5 inbetween somehow do not feel like much of a down hill.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

SW - water is key - as you know - I highly recommend a camel bak.

Abby
Old 03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

so I am making a commitment to sign up for a local 5K the end of the month. I have never run any kind of race since junior high, lol. I work out with weights followed by cardio 5 x week. I have added the treadmill to prepare for the run.
So today i did weights, 30 minutes elliptical and here was my treadmill workout..i'm trying to get up to 30 minutes of steady jogging.
walk 2 min
jog 12 min
walk 2 min
jog 10 min
walk 2 min
jog 2 min
Old 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Looks like a solid program. I bet you will be up to a full jog in no time
Old 03-09-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yesterday at CrossFit it was all running. 800 meters forward and the 400m backwards - twice . I have never run that far backwards and let me tell you it was challenging. My quads are feeling it today.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm registered for the 10 miler for this Sunday (4/1) and the weather should be nice. It's been raining for the past 2 weeks and I haven't had a decent "long" run in a while.
I guess I'll see how I do on Sunday
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Good Luck SW,
Just remember to take it a little easy - it would be great to podium, but given the lack of longer runs, "uninjured" would be a great prize .

I have a 10 miler coming up in May, and I suspect my training will be a little lacking. I am having a hard time fitting everything in during the week and with uncooperative weather it has been easy to skip the runs.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

When was your last long run and how far?
I knew a woman who injured her knee six weeks before CIM, only had one 20 miler done. Still qualified for Boston.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
When was your last long run and how far?
I knew a woman who injured her knee six weeks before CIM, only had one 20 miler done. Still qualified for Boston.
March 4th, 11.15 miles.
Since then, I've ran 6 more times ranging from 3.5 to 6.5 miles. I'm thinking I'll do fine, it's just the mental thing about running 10 miles in a race without my iPod.

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Good Luck SW,
Just remember to take it a little easy - it would be great to podium, but given the lack of longer runs, "uninjured" would be a great prize .

I have a 10 miler coming up in May, and I suspect my training will be a little lacking. I am having a hard time fitting everything in during the week and with uncooperative weather it has been easy to skip the runs.
Thanks Pam, I'm gonna try to take it easy and just have fun.
I agree with the weather being uncooperative- it seems to rain only when I have the free time for a run.
I've also have had some lower back fatigue for the past week or so. It's from being hunched over working the roto rooter machine from a couple of weekends ago and that has cut short my runs- kinda worried it will affect this weekend's race.

Last edited by sw07; 03-29-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.