Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
Hooray New Year!

I dropped about 45 pounds and went from 34%BF to 26%BF in a year

Now looking to drop another 30 and get to around 15%BF
Psychic prediction: I see you making it.

Good job.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Happy new year everyone!

It is my first time on this tread but I'm hoping posting will keep my butt in gear. A girl friend and I have a big summer ahead of us
  • March annual 10KM season starting race
  • May/June Sprint tri
  • August Half Marathon
  • October Half (or if we are really pushing the full)

It will be my first Tri this year though she completed one last year so I'm excited and nervous. Living in the great North I tease I'm not a fair weather runner but an all weather clutz. There is just too much ice to run outdoors so I'm stuck on an indoor track until Spring which is killing my momentum right now.

This months goals are: 10KM bike and 7km run
10 km under 1 hour (avg about 1hr 10-15 mins right now- slacking off on the track getting bored)
20 km unlimited time
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by acameron34
Happy new year everyone!

It is my first time on this tread but I'm hoping posting will keep my butt in gear. A girl friend and I have a big summer ahead of us
  • March annual 10KM season starting race
  • May/June Sprint tri
  • August Half Marathon
  • October Half (or if we are really pushing the full)

It will be my first Tri this year though she completed one last year so I'm excited and nervous. Living in the great North I tease I'm not a fair weather runner but an all weather clutz. There is just too much ice to run outdoors so I'm stuck on an indoor track until Spring which is killing my momentum right now.

This months goals are: 10KM bike and 7km run
10 km under 1 hour (avg about 1hr 10-15 mins right now- slacking off on the track getting bored)
20 km unlimited time
Welcome to the thread and congrats on setting you're goals!

I know running in cold and ice is tough, treadmill training is also not ideal, keep going strong and you will do fine. Remember to set your incline to 1.0 or greater to create the "real world running" scenario for the treadmill.

Best of Luck
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Weird. My last few runs I've felt like I've really been dragging, going slower than usual, yet I've been setting personal best times. So I'm seeing improvements in time and breathing, yet I just don't feel spry. Not worried about it, just dumbfounded.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Weird. My last few runs I've felt like I've really been dragging, going slower than usual, yet I've been setting personal best times. So I'm seeing improvements in time and breathing, yet I just don't feel spry. Not worried about it, just dumbfounded.
I would guess (this could be totally off) but you are getting fitter so things are becoming easier. Running 5 miles a month ago felt like a pain, I just ran 5 miles today and now the time goes by and I'm not winded at the end of it, I ran it 2 minutes fast than last time.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I am getting fitter, and it is becoming easier, but I also expect that I would feel swifter on my feet. Know what I mean? I just feel like an old work horse while running, and by now I thought I'd feel swift, like a stallion, like when I use to run all the time years ago.

Maybe this is just the way it's going to be. I'm not getting any younger.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I've had that happen many times. No idea why, just seems to be one of those things.

And it's not just age, I remember a few runs in college that went that way.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks HC. I appreciate the feedback. It's been so long since I've consistently been running for exercise that I just don't remember days like that.

Maybe now that I'm actually keeping a journal is the reason for me wondering about these things.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

bump
Old 01-21-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

2 weeks to go until my 1/2 mara in Death Valley. I have run this one before, so I know what to expect (a plus for me). This will be an interesting test of CrossFit, since I really haven't been running much, but have been dedicated to my CF workouts. "They" say with their program I should be at a fitness level that it doesn't matter... we shall see. In any event it will be fun to catch up with an old running partner who I have seen in quite a while. We're driving out on Fri for the race on Sat. Neither one of have the time to stay Sat night, so we'll drive back after the race - about 5 hours. Again, done this before. It isn't my favorite activity after a hard race, but won't kill me either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.