Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by waynegretzky
Took 3 days rest from my last run and tonight i ran 11 minutes! Wow i can't believe it. First leg was 5.5 minutes then 3.5 minutes then 2 minutes each time with about two minutes walk in between.

Knees feel good, legs are getting stronger and my wind is coming along.

I'm liking this, i feel very healthy
Great progress Wayne! Every day seems to be a new personal record (PR) for you. Nothing breeds success like success
Old 11-18-2011, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

cerra, click on the "thread tools" link at the top, you can subscribe to the thread from there. Then look in your User CP for a link to Subscribed Threads.

Do you just not like the cold or are you uncomfortable? Most runners prefer cold weather and much of the discomfort can be eliminated with proper clothing.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cerra71
I want to joint this group! I like to run, and this is the first group i have seen on here like this. i always try to follow groups, but then get a little lost! is there anyway to tag a group so i can follow conversations and everyone's progress?
Sure. Go up to the top and click on the lower blue bar which says "Thread Tools" and then choose "Subscribe to this thread". Every time someone posts, you'll be notified whenever you click "User CP" (on the top blue bar).
Old 11-19-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Wayne - nothing any of us say to encourage you can do more than the feeling you get when you keep moving - pretty amazing isn't it? But, even though I can't top that, I'll tell you I got excited by your post, great to see accomplishments!

Abby
Thanks Abby i feel fantastic now! Run night tonight so i am curious whether i can repeat that again.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
Wayne, if you needed three days to recover, you're going too hard.(if it was just a scheduling conflict, never mind )

It's far better to do a less every day than a huge effort and several days off.

It's a good thing you're back into it but enthusiasm can be overdone to the detriment of your program.
Thank you, its all good. Just too much to do for a run and waited till the next night. I am being very cautious as far as overdoing it goes.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Great progress Wayne! Every day seems to be a new personal record (PR) for you. Nothing breeds success like success
Thank you and for the first time i feel like success will come eventually!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

HC,

Do you have any advice for how to lace up running shoes properly? I must be doing something wrong. Sometimes my toes/feet get a little numb, I've gotta stop and loosen the laces and then they return to normal. But I don't want to have them too loose at the beginning where they wiggle.

Thanks

Vito
Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
HC,

Do you have any advice for how to lace up running shoes properly? I must be doing something wrong. Sometimes my toes/feet get a little numb, I've gotta stop and loosen the laces and then they return to normal. But I don't want to have them too loose at the beginning where they wiggle.

Thanks

Vito
Loosen the laces closest to the toebox. The lacing across the middle should be tight as there's where the fit of the shoes is most important. You might also check the fit overall, your shoes may be too narrow in the toebox.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks!

I think I'm OK in the toebox, it's definitely not narrow. They are Brooks, and as you know Brooks are known for having wide toe boxes. I've just been lacing them poorly.

Because they are so wide at the toebox, I've had the laces tightest there. Backwards from what they should be apparently.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Went out for an early but chilly run this morning-it was about 37* when I hit the trail. I wore the perfect amount of clothes and did not overheat once I got going- wore shorts & my under armor long sleeve shirt.
Ran a comfortable 6.5 miles in a about an hour, I've also got a 5k race on Turkey day and need to get acclimated to the colder temps.
It was also neat watching the mist rise off of the river and hearing all the birds chirping & singing and I even saw a deer on the trail. It was a very relaxing sat. morning run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.