Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 11-14-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by waynegretzky
Thanks everyone On Friday i was up to running 4 1minute runs with a couple minutes walk in between and not too bad. Tonight is run night again so i think i am going to add in a minute or two, see how it goes.

Welcome to the team Wayne - nice to see you posting again.

Yup, pretty much everyone starts barely able to run a block. Although I haven't done it the Couch to 5K program it gets raves from everyone, so definitly look into it.

I've been running for years. Even so, I have spells where I take a break for a variety of reasons. During that time I lose endurance and have to start rebuilding. One of my favorite techniques is to set up a running distance that I can't quite accomplish. Say, a 2 mile course. I'll run as far as I can then walk the rest. Then each time I go out I push it a little harder until I can run the whole distance. Once that's under the belt, I'll set a new longer course.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Wow Pam! Congrats on the awesome run!
My race went well, we had similar temps and a beautiful morning to run to.
I managed to run a 23:51 which was good enough for a 3rd place in my age div.

The next race is on Turkey day, it usually draws 25,000 + entrants

Excellent job SW. Well done. I am usually too tied up with T'giving prep to run a Turkey Trot, but I 'll get around to it some day. Have fun... 25,000 people sounds like a few too many to me, but I bet the ambience is great fun.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking Correction: 3rd in my age group

Official result are posted - don't know what happened to the original 1st place person

#146 out of 745 runners.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
waynegretzky, good to see a new face in here. Do you have a plan for your running?

Take a look at the Couch to 5K, it's the best beginner's program out there.
Thanks for the welcome and no i don't have a plan. About a year and a half ago i started to run using the c25k program but after 2 weeks my knee was so sore i had to take a month off to let it heal... and i never tried again until now.

So right now i am taking it slow and easy working up to running for a minute multiple times. Once i get to the point of running 8 minutes in one minute intervals i will follow that program.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Welcome to the team Wayne - nice to see you posting again.

Yup, pretty much everyone starts barely able to run a block. Although I haven't done it the Couch to 5K program it gets raves from everyone, so definitly look into it.

I've been running for years. Even so, I have spells where I take a break for a variety of reasons. During that time I lose endurance and have to start rebuilding. One of my favorite techniques is to set up a running distance that I can't quite accomplish. Say, a 2 mile course. I'll run as far as I can then walk the rest. Then each time I go out I push it a little harder until I can run the whole distance. Once that's under the belt, I'll set a new longer course.
Thank you and it's great to be back and i am focused more than ever now. Time off was time well spent, now i am going to go the final journey.

I am excited about running, already i feel very good at doing my limited amount. I just need to take it slow and let my knees adjust this time. Hoping by January i can start to push the limits a bit.

I will keep posting and let everyone feel my pain and triumphs along the way
Old 11-17-2011, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Took 3 days rest from my last run and tonight i ran 11 minutes! Wow i can't believe it. First leg was 5.5 minutes then 3.5 minutes then 2 minutes each time with about two minutes walk in between.

Knees feel good, legs are getting stronger and my wind is coming along.

I'm liking this, i feel very healthy
Old 11-18-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Wayne - nothing any of us say to encourage you can do more than the feeling you get when you keep moving - pretty amazing isn't it? But, even though I can't top that, I'll tell you I got excited by your post, great to see accomplishments!

Abby
Old 11-18-2011, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Wayne, if you needed three days to recover, you're going too hard.(if it was just a scheduling conflict, never mind )

It's far better to do a less every day than a huge effort and several days off.

It's a good thing you're back into it but enthusiasm can be overdone to the detriment of your program.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

I want to joint this group! I like to run, and this is the first group i have seen on here like this. i always try to follow groups, but then get a little lost! is there anyway to tag a group so i can follow conversations and everyone's progress?

I am doing a 5k tomorrow morning....maybe....... I don't like to run in the cold weather, anything under 50 degress i don't like.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey cerra,
Welcome - great to see a new "face". Oh good luck on that 5K (I hope you do decide to do it!) I hear you about cold weather. But usually once I get started it isn't so bad.

I'm not sure about the tagging, maybe one of the moderators or more tech-savvy folks can help you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.