Notices

Dance Class

Old 07-31-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Dance Class

I'm having more trouble getting started exercising than I am cutting back calories. This is surprising for me because I was a runner, hike/backpacker, climber, and general outdoor enthusiast all my life but I have a lot of issues with my feet now and I don't like biking very much.

Anyway I didn't have an exercise plan because I wasn't counting on it being hard. I signed up for a dance class (Shag) on Tuesday nights. This is crazy for me because I have two left feet and no rhythm but I think it will get me moving.

Baby steps. Can't wait!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default First night of dance class

Dance class was a blast. I have no rhythm and no natural skill in this area. We are supposed to practice 30 minutes a day at home and I know I will because I would hate to be the one holding up the class since I didn't get my steps down, plus I'm dancing with a partner so I'd be making him look goofy too.

It's not a tremendous amount of exercise but it's more than I was doing before.

They took pictures so hopefully I'll be able to pull one off the web when they are posted. (If they aren't too bad lol.)
Old 08-03-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Good job on starting a dance class! I for one would probably never attempt that. I have little coordination and would feel so out of place. You should feel very proud of what you are doing!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! It was scary to start but worth it. I'm not losing any weight yet though. I was gaining steadily for the last year though so I guess at least I should be happy I haven't gained any lately.