Notices

30 Day Workout Challenge

Old 02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default 2 25

Hi need2losen2010! You've been motivating me with your long workouts everyday.

Welcome cheylynn. It's good to hear that you have support to keep you motivated with the church group. That and the Wii sounds like fun. Yeah, another desk jockey it takes a lot out of you to sit for hours and hours. Funny, but I feel so tired from just sitting and then it's hard to go from that energy into doing exercise.

Welcome on board Runnerchi. wow, P90X! I'm so impressed. I hope your ankle feels better. I'm looking forward to hearing about your workouts. The TV ad for the X version looks really, really hard. My husband and I did the regular P90 for a couple of months last year and we saw a lot of results quickly even though I was doing modified versions of the exercises. But I kept injuring myself so I quit. This time I'm starting off slow and easy and once I'm in better shape I hope to do the regular P90 again.

2-25
My day off and I worked outside in the yard & 'greenhouse' for 5 1/2 hours--nothing strenuous, but was continuously moving so I'm counting it as my daily exercise. I'm too pooped to do the DVD that I'd planned on doing tonight but I think all that moving around today helped to get some of the stiffness and soreness out of my muscles. I bought a Qi Gong DVD, not sure how much exercise is involved, but it says that it tones the whole body.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

desertmountain Thank you for the kind words & this challenge it keeps me accountable.
60 minutes/3 miles today.
Keep up the good work everybody
Old 02-26-2010, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Did 1 hour & 40 = 5 miles on TM. 30 min yoga . Working hard, but not seeing the results I'ld like yet.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default 2 26

I worked 4 hours gardening, planting seeds, etc. I'm still working out the stiff & sore muscles so I did a lot of extra stretching while I worked. Again, too tired tonight for the DVD, but plan on doing it in the morning since the greenhouse is done. I think workouts that involve something tangible at the end of it are easier mentally so I've decided on doing some hardscaping projects in the backyard. I'm thinking about building a raised bed and brick steps from the patio/deck to the yard.

Need2losen2010, with your workouts your body has to be doing something. Do you measure yourself? Also try measuring things like your thighs, calves and arms so you can know that your weight is muscle now and not fat. When I did P90 the scale didn't move and I thought I hit a plateau but I had lost inches in my waist, bust & upper thighs and gained a couple of inches on my lower thighs (above my knees), forearms, biceps and calves. I bet that's what's going on with you because there's no way anyone could work out like you do and not have their body respond positively...is there? It's got to be really frustrating to do alll the work you're doing and then not get the results you want.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck on your backyard projects. That should burn some serious calories, & be very rewarding.

I only lost 1 lb. this week. I will do some measurements. Thanks for the idea. Still staying on track. Did 30 min on treadmill, 30 min. aerobics. Will see what this week brings.

Good luck
Old 02-27-2010, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default 2 27

I did 50 minutes of cardio, easy calisthenics, and lots of stretching.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hello;
3 mile walk today.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ready to start

I just stumbled across this thread. I am ready to start a 30 day challenge. I hope to be as successful and keep the motivation as you all have.

Megan
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default HEY! 30 day challenge for me too :-)

Recovering from torn ACL surgery from skiing accident, and 4 months of cancer surgery procedures. Ready to get fit again!!! 20 pounds to go to be ready for my DIY video series/DVDs again. Gonna do it....this is my accountability. Ready, set, go.....starting March 1 -- perfect!!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default 3-1 Day 8

Welcome peanut2ut and dhh8193! Glad to have you on board.
need2losen2010: your long workouts are so inspiring!

Yesterday was my recovery day so I didn't exercise. Today I walked (only 10 minutes) before dinner and did TBW phase 1 plus added some stretching, core, legs & more shoulders/arms for a total of 1 hour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.