Notices

Stress

Old 07-18-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Stress

I hope FITNESS is the best place to ask this question.

I work rotating shifts and now see that my blood sugar levels rise during afternoon and midnight shifts.

These shifts are very stressful compared to day shifts and days away from work.

I need to better control my blood sugar, so..

Is there a 'best' way to reduce workplace stress?

A 'best' type of yoga?

A 'best' type of exercise?

Thanks..
Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

"Best" is what works for you. No one else can tell you. You have to find it for yourself. But for stress, look into meditation, yoga, exercise, eating well and sleep. Incorporating all those things will make your stress level decrease. Try to get some form of exercise most days, preferably for at least 30 minutes. Even if it is just a walk on a treadmill or outside. Try for yoga 2-3 times a week. Can you find a way to work in 10 minutes of meditation into your work day to bring down the stress level? Or before going to sleep at night?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

You can help reduce your blood sugar spikes by avoiding simple carbohydrates like processed foods (potato chips, crackers, etc,.), white bread or foods made with white flour, sugar and even fruit juices. Instead substitute whole grain products, vegtables and fruit (the fiber in whole fruit makes it harder to digest than juice).