FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Workout Log w/ Exercises (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/456-workout-log-w-exercises.html)

-=IRONMAN=- 02-19-2010 07:22 PM

Workout Log w/ Exercises

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and looking for a place that I can customize or add my workout plan just like a custom or certain meal I always eat.

I just want to be able to put my 5 different exercises (simple drop down menu) and then input the reps and sets and weight. The calories used doesn't have to be a big deal here. At the beginning just input in a blank box how much you think.

Is there already somewhere to do this? I've looked and haven't found it yet.

If there isn't I will probably just join another site that has the workout log AND nutrition log. Just a suggestion, you might wanna add it - if it isn't already here, or you will likely loss a lot of people on that one thing alone.

I'm sorry if it is somewhere and I'm just a tool and can't find it as I am new on here.

Thanks all who may respond!

N.Robinson 02-21-2010 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by -=IRONMAN=- (Post 3901)
Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and looking for a place that I can customize or add my workout plan just like a custom or certain meal I always eat.

I just want to be able to put my 5 different exercises (simple drop down menu) and then input the reps and sets and weight. The calories used doesn't have to be a big deal here. At the beginning just input in a blank box how much you think.

Is there already somewhere to do this? I've looked and haven't found it yet.

If there isn't I will probably just join another site that has the workout log AND nutrition log. Just a suggestion, you might wanna add it - if it isn't already here, or you will likely loss a lot of people on that one thing alone.

I'm sorry if it is somewhere and I'm just a tool and can't find it as I am new on here.

Thanks all who may respond!

Think you can create custom activities...maybe not..must look into it

monnikjuh 02-21-2010 07:07 AM

Hi irionman ,

I don't know if it is on this site i'am now so like 3 days on this site . So i have no qlue where it can stand our if it is out here . Maybe you just can make a post and put you're think there in ?

I don't really work out but i walk everyday like 30 a 60 minutes , now i try to jog at somethime's only i don't can do it long .

RunbikeSki 02-21-2010 10:33 AM

Not a tool at all

Hey Ironman:

This is a quote from a reply from Jim the Admin posted in a earlier discussion:

"Hi Everyone. Great suggestions. Sometimes getting the correct calorie burned information for activities can be hard. Vendors aren't always the most reliable sources and studies that contain all the info are a bit hard to come by.

We would love to do custom activity functionality, but it isn't quite as easy as custom foods. Where foods have a certain nutrition for everyone who eats it, activities don't work that way. Usually calorie burn is determined by a percentage of your normal metabolism. So, for example, doing some hard work might burn 200% of you normal metabolism. Most users won't have this kind of information to create the custom activity. You can't just enter 200 calories/hr because that will change as your weight and metabolism change. We will think about it though and see if we can simplify and get something to you.

Also, keep up the suggestions for which activites to add to our database. I will do special searches for these activities and try to find some studies with good data.

Thanks again! We love the suggestions.

Since I have a fair bit of access to data regarding calories burned for my body, I usually find a similar activity in the drop-down and modify the times, distance, or reps until it matches what my data says. Not perfect and a little tricky for weights, but is seems to work OK for may aerobic activities.

-=IRONMAN=- 02-21-2010 11:44 AM

Runbikeski - thanks for your response!

Can you somehow or tell me how I can email Jim the admin.

I personally wouldn't be too fussy if the calorie count of how many your losing is wither it's 700 or 900. The point is to be able to list and put your sets, exercises, reps, weight into a format that you can track, while tracking your nutrition (which we can already do).

You simply at the beginning choose from the drop down menu the choices already given. Wither its a hard 45 min workout or a light workout.

Let's start 1st with just being able to add our workout plans for different days: exercises, sets, reps, weight, etc and then work outwards from there.

We don't need to be 100% precise with the number of calories lost - just a simple approximation from the options you already have is a simple fix.

I think it would be very beneficial for this site to have the workout log as I described above. The calories aren't the main thing - just a quick educated guess - it doesn't need to be exact. The main thing would be to log the workouts.

If we can do this I think it would make your site a lot better.

Thanks!

RunbikeSki 02-22-2010 11:38 AM

Hey Ironman,
What folks seem to do is start a thread titled "FitDay Admin". If you look down the list under Exercise, you will note a couple of threads already. I suggest you start a new one. Jim the Admin seems to respond pretty quickly. He also reads other threads apparently, so he may have even picked up on this... but you might go ahead and start new just to make sure.

Good luck, I like your idea!