Notices

Multiple Workouts a Day

Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by doylenic72
There is also a wicked site bodyrock.com, there are crazy 20 minute interval workouts on there.
Hey, tried to check out the site, can you check your link? I'm interested in it, but it's some music/audio site, not fitness.

Cheers.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Too large a calorie deficit can stall your weight loss efforts.
A large calorie deficit can work very well if done properly.

I disagree that more cardio will trigger the above mentioned starvation mode.
I never said anything about "starvation mode" or that more cardio will trigger it.

Multiple workout sessions can help to increase your metabolism.
At this point, it is the deficit that is important. Cardio becomes more important for maintenance. With a huge deficit, a lot of aerobic activity will likely cause a drop in metabolic rate.

You must, as RENOAK mentioned, be aware of your calorie deficit.
Only in the respect that you are getting enough protein and EFA's (fish oil) and some other things and not doing too much cardio if in a large deficit.

Im no pro, but I would suggest you try interval training.
Not with a deficit as large as his. Interval training is great but hard to recover from on minimal calories.

Running tends to contribute to muscle loss as well as fat loss
Agreed, I would cut the running. But then, I don't like running!!

Also...1200 - 1500 calories is not nearly enough for a man your size
For weight loss, it is if it's done right.

your body will hang onto everything it has because you are straving it.
Not true. But I bet the loved ones of anorexics wish it were!

Last edited by RENOAK; 06-21-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default http://www.bodyrock.tv/

here you go. She's in the best shape I've ever seen anyone in. Amazing. I hope you enjoy. The workouts are KILLER
Old 06-22-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I like picturing super-fit women's bodies with my head rather than theirs... that will be me one day!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

Picture yourself in incredible shape. I've been readin about visualization and the world athletes use it to win races, games, etc...so we should use it as well. I subscribe to the Oxygen magazine as well, love it, there are real women in there, and 2 wonderful success stories each issue. And it shows you have to weight train properly for weight loss. Good luck with the forces, go big or stay home I always say.

N

Stats: 5' 5"
Overall goal is to be Jiggle free for the big 40 next summer

Jan 2011 = 168.5 lbs

Today June 23.2011 = 140.0 lbs

1st Goal = 132lbs by August 15.2011
2nd Goal = NO JIGGLE by August 15.2012
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

ok gang i found this

Doug's 5 Day High Definition Routine | Muscle & Strength

which im going to try to do, i did the first day- Arms, this morning as well as what i planned for an hour of cardio. I'm a student at a big university so we have a state of the art gym for REALLY cheap that i need to make the most of.

I planned on 20 mins ski machine 20 miuns rowing plus 20 mins swimming for my morning workout. I really want results so I'm pushing hard on a 1300-1500 calorie diet.

I ended up doing 30 mins on the ski machine for 350 cals.... nice, and longer than ive ever gone but not what i wanted. i did most of the weight routine, with a few confused looks from the girls. "Why is that guy lifting the same as me?" lol im so weak and out of shape. or why is he here and not in McDonalds like he belongs lol ah well i guess my previous lifstyle makes me deserve it.

well evening workout is gonna be a 3 mile walk and a 3 mile bike ride. ugh i look like a polar bear on a bike. It makes me think of the circus.

Have fun all and hope you reach your goal soon

Lee
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Doug's 5 Day High Definition Routine | Muscle & Strength

i dunno why you got a music site?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

No, don't add more training. If you want to speed up your weight loss, eat less carbs, but eat most of them before and after your workouts, and eat a lot more protein.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

If you don't go overboard, I suppose it is good to do several in a day. I personally do two workouts a day, sometimes three. It's a good idea to me. Just make sure you eat right. A tip from my mom was that you should eat something with a bit of protien in it after your workout so that you can regain a bit of the energy you lost from exercising.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

I agree that you need to take more protein considering your size. Be sure to have some protein after your workout to replenish the energy you lost during the activity. But always remember also that aside from your workout, what you eat has huge impact on your losing weight. eating the right food will definitely be beneficial to you.

Last edited by JohnAndrewSmith; 11-18-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.