Working Out...Equipment vs. Space >

Working Out...Equipment vs. Space

Community
Notices

Working Out...Equipment vs. Space

Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Working Out...Equipment vs. Space

OK guys, I finally live in a nice house with plenty of space. The only thing is I can't and don't have a room for working out (weights). So, I was cleaning out the two car garage today, and the thought just kept repeating in my mind: "Work out in here, there is plenty of room". The only thing is it is very hot and will get more humid as the months roll on. I think I can make myself do it at night, cooler then. I am worried about some things though. I have cleaned it as much as possible, but dust kills my allergies/sinuses. Also, are there any warning signs of getting too hot when working out? I really miss working out, and I feel that it might give me that added boost I need to keep this progress going.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

I couldn't workout in the heat. I have a nice gym set in my garage and once it started getting out hot, I was done. Any signs of getting too hot when working out??? Yes, you'll sweat uncontrollable, feel uncomfortable and may lose motivation.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

We live in a pretty small house and I put my weights on the floor of a closet and I pull out the ones I need when I work out and put them back when I am done. I also use a fit ball that stays in a corner of the room. With those and a TV to play my videos, I don't need much room.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, second the taking weights out as needed tactic. You could also do bodyweight workouts in your living room - for inspiration, google things like 'convict conditioning', and crossfit, martial arts, or military workouts; also this workout by Alwyn Cosgrove and this one by Paul Plakas.

Personally, I couldn't work out in a hot, dusty garage. I guess you could make it amenable - don't know what yours is like, but maybe you could hose it down or use a leaf blower to get rid of the dust every now and then, and use a dehumidifier and fans, and drink tons of water while working out. (But personally, I'd avoid it.)