Notices

What motivates you??

Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I guess my fitness motivation is more about doing more these days rather than weighing less. Lift more weight, running faster or longer, completing a work out faster, finally getting double unders for jump rope... that sort of thing.

Mike, you are such a gym rat and fitness junkie, what are your next fitness goals once you get past the back issues? (which you will).
I have a 1/2 marathon scheduled in September. I had a time goal, now i just want to be able to finish it. I'm not a runner by any means but I'll have zero training going into this one, unless my back heals up quickly. Once I get better and can lift like I want to I hope to get my bf% back down and tighten up my midsection. I haven't been able to do ANY core work for over a month and it's taken a toll on me.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by spbh1
Hi there,

I feel my motivation slipping when I do not see numbers on the scale go down. i know I have just started working out and should not expect results in a week but I do.

It'll be great to hear from different people about how they stay motivated to eat healthy and exercise regularly. I seem a lot of success stories on this forum and this will inspire others like me to stay focused and not lose heart.

Thanks
Knowing that heart disease & diabetes is hereditary is the major factor in staying motivated to keep pushing myself to get lean (already reached target weight- a new challenge for me now is to get to 10% body fat).

When I started my journey to getting fit, I was looking for workouts & I found an article on menshealth.com about Jason Statham's workout routine.

He says this:
"If you can't motivate yourself, you're never going to get results..."

That's helped me keep my focus to keep on.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by spbh1
Hi there,

I feel my motivation slipping when I do not see numbers on the scale go down. i know I have just started working out and should not expect results in a week but I do.

It'll be great to hear from different people about how they stay motivated to eat healthy and exercise regularly. I seem a lot of success stories on this forum and this will inspire others like me to stay focused and not lose heart.

Thanks
I am focused on an event coming up this fall. I go ever year and when I see the pictures of myself I just want to barf. This year is different I have till Sept to lose 16 pounds and I am working my butt off literally. I may not lose the whole 16 but I am going to get real close. I started this quest three weeks ago with 20 pounds to lose. My workout has make me not only feel better but I am already stronger, more flexible, and can wear pants I could not even zip three weeks ago.

Another motivator is the fact my son would is taller than me only weighs 6 more pounds than me....that sucks!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Much of my social life is through the people that I workout with and that's what motivates me most.

There are some people that I only see at the swim workout. If I want to see them, I have to get to swimming.

I have a bunch of friends that we all run together. For some reason, we can't seem to get together for dinner or drinks, but we can for runs. This past weekend, two were doing a half-marathon and another woman asked if I wanted to do it too. I was not in shape to do it well, but I am in good enough shape to finish it so I did. Then I got to hang out with three friends.

I take fitness classes at my gym and there are two guys there that I have been taking classes with for about 10 years now. Sometimes we bike together on the weekend.