How Many Calories Do You Burn?

Community
Notices

How Many Calories Do You Burn?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Question How Many Calories Do You Burn?

Hi all,

Just wondering, ballpark, how many calories you burn per exersize session.
I was on the excersize bike last night watching Buffy for about an hour and a half, and the bike told me I'd done 600 calories. Can that be right?
I wasn't going hard at it or anything, just cycling mindlessly while I watched the DVDs, and was very surprised when I saw the calorie count.
Most days, that's more than I'd even eat in a day!

For those that read my P90X posts, I've put that on hold until I move again in a month so I'm more settled, in the meantime I'm just going to use the bike and go for walks with my housemates when they take the dog out.

Thanks all.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Well it all depends on the workout, and on how much you weigh. At my heaviest I could burn 700-800 in an hour on the elliptical, now I only burn about 550-600 in that same amount of time. Also different types of workouts burn more than others. Weight lifting doesn't give me near the burn that I get from cardio or swimming, but I need the weight lifting to build muscle. I would guess that unless you have to enter your weight into the bike console that the calorie count is not too accurate.