Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories? >

What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Notices

What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Deadlifts & squats.
For weight loss, do you like to go heavy on these or do high reps & high intensity?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Omg ! ! !

The best way I burn calories is dancing I have a ipod with over 600 songs and I dance until I can't dance anymore basically dripping sweat. I love it im sure someone else would love it to especially if you love to dance and I do so maybe thats why its a good exercise to me
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hello it is a real pleasure to meet you all hope that we can bring something special in our life through this forum.
my best exercise for burning calories is swimming,cardio and cycling.they help me lot to burn my extra calories.
nice to be here... Glad to meet you all
Old 01-30-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

elliptical... 45mins - random setting - level 8 - maintaining 6+ speed.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

There are lot of exercises but i like to do these exercises daily.
Running
Jogging
Walking
Yoga.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default what works for me

After years of trial and error, here’s what I’m currently doing, and I am getting some good results.

The basics are this:
  1. 30 minutes of weight training
  2. 15 minutes of run-walk intervals
  3. 15 minutes of brisk walking
  4. stretching
repeat 3 times per week

what’s lead me to this point:

Weights
  • Muscles are good. Your muscles burn fat, pretty much the only thing in your body that does.
  • To improve muscles you need to work them to failure, which means to do as many reps as you can (while still maintaining good form) until you feel you can’t do one more rep.
  • Studies show that it doesn’t matter what weight you use, as long as you get to failure. So, since I’m lazy, I use heavier weights – this means I get to failure faster. I’m currently doing 3 sets of 8 reps, but there are lots of arguments about how many set / reps are best. Do your own research to determine what will work best for you.
  • Ladies, you will NOT get huge muscles by lifting heavier weights (well, not without supplements!). Yes, your muscles will get a bit bigger, but the fat surrounding them will get smaller. I lost over 1.5” off my upper arms in just 6 months.
  • I do my weights first because it means I burn more fat when I get to my cardio. Besides fat, your muscles also burn glycogen (sugar), but when you do cardio you have to burn through the glycogen before you can get to the fat burning stage. Since weight lifting only burns glycogen, you’ve already depleted the glycogen, so you will spend more time burning fat. And that can only be a good thing, right?

Cardio
  • There are endless articles out there on various forms of interval training (just google it, and you’ll see!). What they all seem to indicate is that interval training burns more fat then steady state cardio, and in less time. As I said before, I’m lazy – so a shorter workout with more benefits sounds perfect to me!
  • I’m currently doing my intervals on a treadmill, but in the past I’ve done them outdoors on a track, or on a stationary bike
  • My current protocol is a 45 second run (@ 8mph) followed by a 1:15 minute walk (@ 2.5 mph). repeat 7 times.
  • Interval training releases significant free fatty acids into the blood stream. If you don’t cool down properly, these will just re-deposit (not what we want). The solution is to work at a lower rate (about 60-65% of your max heart rate) for 15 minutes to burn off these FFAs.
  • Interval training is NOT for those just starting to exercise after years of inactivity. It is very strenuous, so only attempt this after you have been working out for a while.

Stretching
  • Increases flexibility while decreasing risk of injury and muscle soreness. Why wouldn’t you stretch after a workout?!?
Disclaimer – I am not a health professional. I do not represent this information as a suggestion for your own exercise routine; it is simply what I choose to do. If you are just starting an exercise plan, consult your doctor first. When starting weight lifting always start with lower weights, learn good form, and go at your own pace.

have a good workout everyone

Michelle
Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Skipping is one of the best ways to keep fit and burn calories.
beginners can start with 10 mins of skipping per day and you'll see the results within a month.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Skipping-ropes4U
Skipping is one of the best ways to keep fit and burn calories.
beginners can start with 10 mins of skipping per day and you'll see the results within a month.

Hmmm, you did read the rules and regs regarding spam? I would quit while you are ahead.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hockey was also my favorite for many years, but the late night games got to be too much. I have recently taken up Kettlebells. This is by far the most effective fat burning tool I have ever come across. Incredible workout.

Same for me. I used to play hockey regularly until the late nights and getting old took its toll. I just recently discovered kettlebells thanks to my wife and my god... they are awesome
Old 03-18-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Mountain hiking

Do we have any hikers here? Up here in NH that usually means a mountain ascent and carrying a backpack- yes great exercise, but messes with the off trail diet plan. how do you handle the special high endurance days? what do you change in your diet routine? got to survive out there, but not overeat. How many calories does a human need in a 2-4 hour period?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.