Notices

Couch to 5K ~ Anyone doing it?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

It's up to your goal. If you just want to run for fitness you can just stick with easy 5K 3-4 times a week.
If you want to go longer, train for 10K, half marathon, a marathon.
Or you can train to go faster.
My goal is going longer, not faster. I want to be able to run for a long time.
Mai
Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

How long do you want to run for?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Newbie here - hello to all. I hope I've posted this right. After a few years off I started running again last week - slightly modified version of the couch to 5k. Now I'm up to 10 mins run and 1 min walk x2. At first I was dragging my butt doing 1 min run and 1 min walk x20 but it is getting easier. By the end of next week I'm hoping to get to 12 minutes run 1 minute walk and finish the 8 minutes. Twenty minutes is long enough for me right now - and less than a 1 minute walk break makes me want to throw in the towel. Would love to hear from people doing the couch to 5k...would be a great motivator. Good Luck!!
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

--

Last edited by kilazmo; 11-22-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

I just did W8D1. Unfortunately, I am one who did gain weight....I seem to be between 3-6 pounds heavier than when I started. I am not noticing any loss of inches either which completely bites....the fat is looser and flabbier.

However the legs are definitely showing signs of definition, a couple of coworkers asked if I am losing, and I ran for 28 minutes straight which I would not think possible in week 2. I have more energy, and actually see the potential of another marathon in my future.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

I had started C25K, but I allowed school to get in the way. Nothing like the present to start up again! After a 4 month hiatus on EVERYTHING, I've only gained back 2 pounds from where I left off! Not too bad! I'm ready to start the program again today and am curious to see how W1D1 is going to be!! I'm also using Wii Active 2 to help me along, b/c here on the East Coast, USA it is SCORCHING HOT!! Kudos to all those just starting, and for those who are continuing on their journey!! I <3 hearing success stories!!