Notices

Exercise for a large body

Old 03-25-2011, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise for a large body

I am sharing in hopes to help anyone who may be able to relate and benefit from my experience.

I am a rather inflexible person. Not weak, and I can walk long distances daily. However, because of some arthritis issues I do not bend certain ways.

I have found some answers believe it or not, with "In Shape with Sharon Mann". For me, she is on fitness TV on Directv. She has a website as well and her exercise videos can be purchased.

When I first saw her, she was of course the tiny, fit, pigtails flying exercise dynamo that I am not. HOWEVER! When I tried what she is doing, I realized the moves are within my grasp and ability. There is no advanced ability over here, so if I can do them, other women my weight and fitness level can do it as well.

She does kick-boxing, boxing, cardio, flexibility, Pilates, stretch, strength-training, step (which I cannot do) and some others.

I get down on my floor in front of my dogs and try my best. When I'm done, I realize that my muscles are being toned, I'm sweating, and I see a change in my body from it.

I saw on Dr. Oz that the risk of heart attack is greatly reduced if we start our day with stretching, rather than just jumping out of bed and hopping to it. Pilates does the trick for me and I really feel it in my waist and arms when I'm done.

I had a really bad knee and shoulder for years. Losing the weight and doing the exercise, walking, weights and Sharon Mann, my problems have gone. I thought for sure I needed replacements they were so painful.

Thanks for reading this.

Starting weight: 468 pounds
Current weight: 265 pounds
Goal weight: 160 pounds

Lifetime battle. I refuse to leave this world too big to fit in a coffin. I know that might sound weird, but I'm never giving up.

Have a great day everyone.