Notices

Good Workout DVD during Pregnancy

Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Good Workout DVD during Pregnancy

Can anyone recommend decent, make you feel like you've done something and worked all the right areas while not over straining, workout dvd's to do throughout pregnancy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Kathy Smith has a pregnant workout video, and she's actually pregnant in it, and lets face it we all want to sport that body she's got. It's older though and I don't know if it's still available, you might try the library. The other ones that you might check out are the Leslie Sansone walking videos. They seem a little easy when you get started, but even in good shape I always work up a sweat. Lately I've been using EA Active 2 on the Wii and most of that is toning with a bit of cardio, I think it would be fine through pregnancy, or at least most of it would be. That one is really nice because you can write your own workouts.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pregnancy FitKit

I strongly recommend the Pregnancy Fit Kit It's great for safe pregnancy workouts.

Last edited by mecompco; 02-03-2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Removed commercial link.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

I used two:

Melinda Bryan Pilates - they're basic moves, but there are inserts to adapt your movements as you become bigger in the belly She is pregnant in this one.

The New Method Baby & Mom Pre-Natal Yoga with Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa - super relaxing. I used this before I went to bed and usually had a great night's sleep. All the 'backup girls' are pregnant, and all different ages, shapes and stages of pregnancy. It's quite spiritual and some parts made me giggle hysterically because I don't take spirituality too seriously, but excellent for when you're a bit stressed or can't get to sleep.

I got them both from ebay.