Toned Tummy!? >

Toned Tummy!?

Community
Notices

Toned Tummy!?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Toned Tummy!?

Hello- i have been working out 4-5 times a week. During these workouts i will do typically 1 hour of cardio. I have dabbled in the "ab crunch" machine and the "ab twist" machine. I will do 3 reps of 10.

I feel like this will not give me a more toned stomach..i'm not doing enough...i know my abs are still hiding under some fat but...i'm hoping once i lose more weight (12 pounds) i'll be able to not have the toned stomach?

I know i'll never get to the point of a 6 pack- but i'd just like a toned stomach- nothing to crazy!

Help- someone tell me what workouts to do! is there anything i can do with just situps/crunches?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

My tummy is and will always be a problem. The ab machine at the gym does help, for me though it took months and 25 pounds to start seeing a difference. Pilates helps too, in my case I've got excess curvature to my lower back, which makes my belly stick out even farther. Pilates helps to strengthen my back, so I stand straighter, and the tummy doesn't stick out quite so much. I'll never have Gwen Stefani abs, but at least now I don't look pregnant (finally!).
Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Give this a try. It's the Ab Ripper 100 from Power 90. Do this routine for 6 weeks then double the reps of each exercise to 20, making it the Ab Ripper 200. This stuff is hard but it works. You will feel the burn!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Pilates are great, as Lizzy says. Anything in a plank position works your abs...push ups, rotating plank reach, plank twists, plank side raises, plank toe taps. I also do bicycle crunches, reverse crunches, pelvic thrusts (I like this 'cause it sounds naughty ), scissor kicks, and "windshield wipers." I work a few into each strength training session; I don't do them all at once. But they are a nicely compatible with cardio for getting a more defined midsection!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Pilates are great, as Lizzy says. Anything in a plank position works your abs...push ups, rotating plank reach, plank twists, plank side raises, plank toe taps. I also do bicycle crunches, reverse crunches, pelvic thrusts (I like this 'cause it sounds naughty ), scissor kicks, and "windshield wipers." I work a few into each strength training session; I don't do them all at once. But they are a nicely compatible with cardio for getting a more defined midsection!
Nice list of ab workouts. When I work out at home, I'll use my exercise ball for crunches and oblique crunches and when I'm at the gym, I'll do a few sets of hanging leg lifts.
I'll also do 3-4 sets with a 10lb dumbell between my feet: