Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Nadinchen.

Jaime, Good Luck on Sunday's race, can't wait to heat the details.

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW;
That 12 mile run makes my elliptical work look pretty weak. Way to go!
I fell short of my goal and only did 11.5 miles,the mid morning temps were in the 90's which didn't help. My calves and hip flexors were begging me to stop. I do feel good to go for next Sunday's 1/2 and I'm going to take it easy for the most part till then.

Last edited by sw07; 10-01-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

SW,
Sorry you only made 11.5 miles (sarcasm, lol).

Jamie,
Waiting to hear about the Row for the Cure?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, our team did complete the 5K Row for the Cure. We had a great coxswain, which is a good thing because there were a bunch of other boats and the race course included a turn around. We came in last in our class, but our coach said we did well because we were only a minute behind the next boat instead of the 4 or 5 minutes that we might expect from the fact that half of us had only been in a sweep boat three times before the race (What he didn't mention is that the next boat was breast cancer survivors.) What I learned about myself is that I can do a race like that, but that I didn't enjoy it. Instead of excitement I felt dread. So I am going to stick to rowing and getting better and fitter and not worry about racing this season. Maybe later, when I have a year of fitness instead of a few months.

The row this morning was nice. We were in a "quad," which is a four-person sculling boat, working on technique, and the river was beautiful, with the leaves starting to turn. (One thing I don't like about racing is that all I see is the people in front of me and might as well be in a gym for all the chance there is to enjoy the river.)
Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, Nadine, calories burned in real life count! And I hear rest days are a good idea.
Ron, sounds like hard work,
SW, no one is alloed to call 11.5 miles “falling short”.
Jamie, congratulations on learning that you don’t like competiton, no reason you should!
Kettlebell class today – some good squats and lunges.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks, Abby - I am enjoying the aftermath of competition, though. I posted a photo from the race on my facebook page, and am getting lots of strokes from friends
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
(One thing I don't like about racing is that all I see is the people in front of me and might as well be in a gym for all the chance there is to enjoy the river.)
Reminds me of the old sled dog quote " If you're not the lead dog the view is always the same". LOL
Glad to hear you competed and learned from the experience. You could post a picture or two here also.

Abby,
Good job on the kettlebell class! And I agree 11.5 miles cannot be called falling short. LOL

SW,
There is a new poster in the diet section looking for input on a diet for a runner. You might see if you can help him out. I certainly don't have any expertise in that area.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

One hour on the treadmill
-30 min run(6.8-7.0mph)
-30 min walk(10incline 4mph)
Old 10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW,
There is a new poster in the diet section looking for input on a diet for a runner. You might see if you can help him out. I certainly don't have any expertise in that area.
I'm still trying to figure it out myself-however, that's a question for coach, he's got the wisdom and experience.

Lol at Abby & Ron, falling short was more of mental thing, my lower half was still sore from the squats earlier in the week and I was surprised that I made it that far. I'm just glad I haven't seen any snakes this year

Jaime-the rowing competition sounds a little intense, I'm more into a "solo" type of competition, but I think its very cool that you're doing what you do. Working with other individuals to achieve the same goal can be difficult.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Workout Arms & Shoulders (sets/reps):
Side Lateral Dumbbell lift: 1/6 25#, 2/6 20# (each side)
Hammer Dumbbell curls: 1/6 45#, 2/5 40# (each side)
Seated Tricep Press: 1/7, 2/8 80# (Personal best most reps)
Standing Dumbbell Military Press: 1/6 45#, 2/5 40# (x2)
Back Extensions: 3/10 no weight added
Hanging Straight Leg raises: 3/10
Hanging Bent leg raises: 1/5
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min, level 6 post weights. 3.84 miles 5.75 mph Personal best for distance over 40 minutes.

SW,
I can relate to the effect of squats on your running. Remember to let them have time to repair too.

Mzmini,
Impress run! Way to go.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Wow, lots of good work out there.

Welcome to the new folks. Today was a rest day. Sunday I was thinking of a bike ride, but it got into the 90s before I had my 2nd cup of coffee, so I did a bunch of gardening and potted plant stuff. It resulted in some exertion, but not quite the same as a 12 mile mt bike ride .

Tomorrow CrossFit and then a pretty full schedule for the rest of the week.

Keep it up everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.