Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-27-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
I just wanted to express my gratitude for the rest of you on this thread. The positive encouragement that you provide to me and each other has made this thread my favorite part of Fitday. THANK YOU!!!
I couldn't have said it better myself

THANK-YOU
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Last Night LEGS (sets/reps):
Dumbell Squats: 3/6 55#, 1/6 60# (x2)
Barbell Straight leg Deadlift: 3/6 125# (Personal Best)
Seated Leg Extension Machine: 3/6 165# (Personal Best)
Laying Leg Curl Machine: 3/6 130#
Seated Leg Press Machine: 3/6 162.5#
Abs Machine: 3/20 130#
Back extension Stand Twisters: 3/6 (each side)
Double stair climb: 3 sets (10 strides each set)
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min, level 6 post weights. 3.65 miles (5.45 mph, a PB for Leg day)

Since I had a couple of days off I tried to hit it prety hard. Found myself still sweating as I left the gym and that was after I had a shower! Go exercise everyone!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Ron and Pam, you are so right, this place creates a great encouragement – this board is why I came to Fitday, so I could chat out workouts without people rolling their eyes – it has worked!

Jamie - I’m going to borrow your phrase “If it was easy, it wouldn't be called a "workout," right?”

Ron, good to see “no excuses” played out in a tough looking session!

Today was the Expresso bikes (the video games) – they are off line - you can still have great rides, but can’t store your data and compete against each other -

I did “Moody Ambush” (5.4 miles, hilly, though mountains) 20 minutes – my personal best was 19.31 – so I’m doing OK on that. I followed with Fruitdale – don’t do that one, it’s the ugliest part of Florida, a flat road with palm trees and condos – not my taste, but another fifteen minutes pretty hard, and then I added a short one to come out to 45 minutes.
It was a break from running, but my legs know I was up to something

Abby
Old 09-28-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Abby,
I think mixing up the workouts is a really good thing. Something I need to do more of. I am kind of a rut person. I get a routine down and don't get enough variety sometimes.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm pleased to say that rowing practice today went better. The coach even said I did well! As ready as I'm going to get for Sunday's race.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Last Night LEGS (sets/reps):
Dumbell Squats: 3/6 55#, 1/6 60# (x2)
Barbell Straight leg Deadlift: 3/6 125# (Personal Best)
Seated Leg Extension Machine: 3/6 165# (Personal Best)
Laying Leg Curl Machine: 3/6 130#
Seated Leg Press Machine: 3/6 162.5#
Abs Machine: 3/20 130#
Back extension Stand Twisters: 3/6 (each side)
Double stair climb: 3 sets (10 strides each set)
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min, level 6 post weights. 3.65 miles (5.45 mph, a PB for Leg day)

Since I had a couple of days off I tried to hit it prety hard. Found myself still sweating as I left the gym and that was after I had a shower! Go exercise everyone!
Good Golly Ron, Impressive workout! I really feel the soreness today from my leg workout on Wed, it probably didn't help that I went for a 6 mile run yesterday.
I'm shooting for a 12 mile run tomorrow morning
Old 09-28-2012, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

I am Nadine, 28 years old and have been wanting and trying to lose weight pretty much forever with varying degrees of success.
My best was when I started eating low carb in March. I lost almost 15 lbs with this alone. But unfortunately some events made it hard to follow the low carb plan, so that i gained 5.5 lbs back during the last months.

Of course, I know exercise is important but I have never been a sport-person. I hated PE in school and really don't have fun doing workout for the most part. So it is hard to force myself to regularly do anything. Except when I was running in a group for beginners but then I moved to another town and there is no such group.

Anyway. I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on Sunday and have been doing it everyday except Monday (where I have a Zumba course instead) and yesterday because I was working long and then I went out with friends. But today I am back on track.
So far, though, I have not lost any weight and I feel I haven't lost any inches either. But I feel an effect in the way that the exercise is becoming easier and I am a little stronger than on Sunday.
I would like to run again at least once a week on the weekend. But I am so embarrassed because I am not fit at all and look silly when I do go running in the park. If I went on Sunday in the morning it would be ok but in the past it was not a good idea to run in the morning because I was getting dizzy.

But nevertheless I am highly motivated right now and I plan to try running tomorrow morning if I am not going out to have breakfast with a friend. Otherwise I will go next weekend.
I also consider adding swimming to my workout plan since the swimming pool is open until 10 pm on weekdays and swimming does not depend on the weather. Now all I need is a swimsuit. (and this month's salary arriving on my bank account )
Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nadinchen
Hi everyone!

Of course, I know exercise is important but I have never been a sport-person. I hated PE in school and really don't have fun doing workout for the most part. So it is hard to force myself to regularly do anything. Except when I was running in a group for beginners but then I moved to another town and there is no such group.

So far, though, I have not lost any weight and I feel I haven't lost any inches either. But I feel an effect in the way that the exercise is becoming easier and I am a little stronger than on Sunday.
I would like to run again at least once a week on the weekend. But I am so embarrassed because I am not fit at all and look silly when I do go running in the park. If I went on Sunday in the morning it would be ok but in the past it was not a good idea to run in the morning because I was getting dizzy.

But nevertheless I am highly motivated right now and I plan to try running tomorrow morning if I am not going out to have breakfast with a friend. Otherwise I will go next weekend.
I also consider adding swimming to my workout plan since the swimming pool is open until 10 pm on weekdays and swimming does not depend on the weather. Now all I need is a swimsuit. (and this month's salary arriving on my bank account )
Welcome Nadine, you could have written my story ... hated PE and was sufficiently out of shape to be embarrassed by my running. But, I came to realize, I didn't look silly, I looked like someone starting, and people at jlove beginners, they want you to succeed!

I did Jillian for a while, it helps that you can do her in private.

Can't help you with getting this month's salary,in this country, monthly paychecks are rare, weekly or every two weeks is more common, but rejoice, Monday is the First!

Please keep coming back here, encouraging people at the beginning is one of our great joys!

Abby
Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Welcome Nadine, you could have written my story ... hated PE and was sufficiently out of shape to be embarrassed by my running. But, I came to realize, I didn't look silly, I looked like someone starting, and people at jlove beginners, they want you to succeed!
Hi Abby! Thank you for this warm welcome!
yes, I also try to convince myself of that and that no matter how silly I look it is still less silly than not doing anything at all.

I did Jillian for a while, it helps that you can do her in private.
definitely! and that it is so short yet gives you noticeable results. I just need to be careful because of the neighbours below me. No vigorous jumping jacks...

Can't help you with getting this month's salary,in this country, monthly paychecks are rare, weekly or every two weeks is more common, but rejoice, Monday is the First!
Monthly is normal here but usually it is in the last week of the respective month and not sometime in the beginning of the following one. I should try to find a new job at a more reliable employer.

sooo. my exercise today.
Does doing housework count? I did a thorough cleaning of the whole appartment today and went grocery shopping including carrying bottles home from the supermarket and up to the third floor. (I don't have a car ) fitday at least counts this altogether as 600 kcal. I should do this more often

Then I also just finished jillian's 30 day shred. I was a little worried because I suddenly felt a very painful sting in my right upper leg when i was crouching down. But I had no problem with the exercise and it felt much easier than on Thursday. Maybe this 1 day break was the key?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Nadinchen.

Last Night Chest & Back (sets/Reps)
Incline Hammer Strength Press Machine: 3/6 160#
Incline bench Dumbell Flys: 3/6 45# (x2)
Dumbelll Front Lateral Raises: 3/6 25# (x2)
Laying pullovers: 3/6 55#
T-Bar: 3/6 115#
Front Lat Pull Down Hammer Strength machine: 3/6 140#
Ab machine: 2/10 140#, 1/10 130
Hanging Straight Leg Raises: 2/10
elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min, level 6 post weights. 3.66 miles 5.49 mph

Nothing outstanding, not bad. I could tell I had that good workout just the night before.

Jamie;
Looking forward to hearing about the rowing.

SW;
That 12 mile run makes my elliptical work look pretty weak. Way to go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.