Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Jamie, good for you getting out on the water, sounds remarkable – that “not let someone down” can be an amazing force – there used to be a receptionist at the Y who would say “see you tomorrow, right?” and that often got me there! Finishing the race, rowing faster than you have before, that’s something to be proud of.

Nightshade, being stuck in a car sounds like a miserable day. Motivation is a weird thing, it is never there when you most need it – that’s where, for me, community becomes so important, if I can’t motivate myself, the fact someone else cares really helps. Good Luck!

Fatcatnap, 400 calories in an hour is a lot – sounds like quite an ordeal! You got exercise, and a mowed lawn!

SW, YIKES – that’s all I have to say to you!

The weekend had some nice walking, but little activity, today was kettlebells, and I’m feeling it in my shoulders!

Stay strong!

Abby
Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks, Abby. Back on the water this morning - we have a team of 8 for the Row for the Cure next Sunday, and are learning sweep rowing!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Finally checking back in! Got to the Gym last Thursday for the first and only time for the week.

Chest & Back (sets/reps):
Inclined Press (Hammer strength Machine): 3/6 140# (first time to use this machine)
Dumbbell Inclined Flys: 3/6 40# (x2)
Laying pullovers: 3/6 60#
Dumbbell Front Lateral Raises: 3/6 30# x2
T-Bar: 3/6 115#
Front Lateral Pulldown Machine: 3/6 160#
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min, HIIT, level 6 post weight. 3.65 miles (5.47 mph avaerage) Personal Best on Mileage on the Elliptical.

Had a booth at the Denver Gun Show on the weekend. 5.5 Hours setup on Friday and 8 hours standing for Saturday and Sunday. I logged it in my activities.

Hit my mini-goal of 225#!!!!! Even without the gym and missing my calorie target for most of the week.

Nightshade: just keep doing what you can and don't get discouraged. I'm not sure it ever gets easier to get those workouts in but I sure miss them when I can't.

Jamie: The Row For the Cure sounds like a great cause, Hope you have fun.

SW: Yikes, You're making me look like a real wimp! Way to go!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW: Yikes, You're making me look like a real wimp! Way to go!
Lol...I wouldn't say that, your routine is quite impressive.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Did 25 minute jog/walk(5 minute walk warm-up and then alternating jogging and walking for 20 minutes), and also did a lot of walking to and from the laundromat with a large load of laundry, so I hopefully worked off the McFlurry I had today.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Jamie Row for the Cure sounds amazing –

Ron, I’ve spent days on booth duty (not at a gun show, insurance conference, even more fun), it is exhausting, just when your feet kill you,you need to get involved with a customer! Nice work on the mini goal.

Lady Misery – “to and fro with laundry” is a good log entry!

I did a five mile run today in 45 minutes. Keeping the elevation up (not high, but not flat either). Finished with a five minute walk at an extreme elevation (7), which lets you stretch. If my foot doesn’t know it is cured, it better learn!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

SW, I sure couldn't keep up with you on a run!

Abby, Insurance conferences sound like so much fun! LOL Good job on the run!

Lady Misery, You'll have that last 5 pounds whipped in no time (if you can stay away from the McFlurrys)!!! And I'm a believer that you don't have to give up all the good stuff to be healthy. How come I'm craving Ice Cream now? lol
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW, I sure couldn't keep up with you on a run!
Lol...sure you can, just ride a bike
Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Arms & Shoulders (Sets/Reps)
Dumbbell curls: 1/6 40#, 2/6 35# (x2)
Standing Dumbbell Military Press: 1/6 55#, 1/5 55#, 1/6 50# (x2)
Seated Tricep press: 3/6 80#
Dumbbell Side lateral Raises: 1/6 35#, 2/6 30# (x2)
Dumbbell Shrugs: 3/6 80# (x2)
Ab Machine: 3/20 130# (Personal Best)
Back Extensions: 3/6 35#
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 pre-weights, 35 min, level 6 HIIT. 3.70 miles = 5.54 mph (Personal Best)
Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Ahhh, back after a week away. Was pretty good in at least getting good long walks in while away in DC. DC is a wonderful walking town. Just pick a destination and go!

I haven't gotten a chance to catch up with everyone, but welcome to the new folks - so glad to meet you!. And keep on keep'n on to the old guard - missed you while I was away.

BTW CrossFit this morning - a long painful WOD! No details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.