Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy new here.

Hello I was told to come check out this Thread,
uuumm I am just waking up this morning so I have not gotten to anything yet hoping to feel more up to it as I get moving around.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up :)

I did make it out for a bike ride today.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Nightshade1991
Hello I was told to come check out this Thread,
uuumm I am just waking up this morning so I have not gotten to anything yet hoping to feel more up to it as I get moving around.
WELCOME!! All people are welcome on this thread. Hope you find as much encouragement as I have.

Yesterday I got in a 5 mile bike ride. Sadly I couldn't make it to my cycle today. Life, aka Mom, got in the way, but there is always tomorrow!!

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 09-21-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Nightshade – why a sad face with “new here” – it is a time to be excited, you are beginning a journey which for me has made me better in so many ways! Glad to see it turned into a thumbs up by your second post!

Kaitlyn, you’re right about “there is always tomorrow”, of course, tomorrow never comes, now it is today (sorry too much zen with my coffee)

I’m in a challenge with the Y – you enter workouts and food, and the healthiest town in Eastern Massachusetts will win (not sure what they win, but bragging rights), my Y doesn’t have a chance, we’re number 25, the suburban towns on the North Shore will win, and that’s OK, I’m having fun. You get points for “workout” or “vigorous workout”, I really pushed the elliptical today to make it to the next level, 45 minutes at level 15 (there are 30 on this machine, so that’s 50% of possible). Fun machine, it changes what you should do, so you are never bored. A friend came and worked out next to me and kept me going.

Have a great weekend all!

Abby
Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Congratulations, Abby, on making it to the next level on the elliptical! I am also discovering that friends can be a great encouragement. It was raining this morning, and I had second thoughts about going rowing, but remembered the other person who started with me, and didn't want to let her down. When we got out on the water I didn't even notice the fine rain.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Hi Nightshade – why a sad face with “new here” – it is a time to be excited, you are beginning a journey which for me has made me better in so many ways! Glad to see it turned into a thumbs up by your second post!

Kaitlyn, you’re right about “there is always tomorrow”, of course, tomorrow never comes, now it is today (sorry too much zen with my coffee)

I’m in a challenge with the Y – you enter workouts and food, and the healthiest town in Eastern Massachusetts will win (not sure what they win, but bragging rights), my Y doesn’t have a chance, we’re number 25, the suburban towns on the North Shore will win, and that’s OK, I’m having fun. You get points for “workout” or “vigorous workout”, I really pushed the elliptical today to make it to the next level, 45 minutes at level 15 (there are 30 on this machine, so that’s 50% of possible). Fun machine, it changes what you should do, so you are never bored. A friend came and worked out next to me and kept me going.

Have a great weekend all!

Abby
Abby ooh its just this is all new to me and kinda stressing me out and not feeling really motivated to get up and do anything....
Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy stuck in a car all day

so I did not get to do any today I was stuck in a car from 5:30 am to 3:00 pm, so i am going to try and make up for it tomorrow i guess........
Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

First sculling race today, and I am thinking of backing out of the 5K next weekend. This was only 500 meters, and I felt like my lungs were burning, like I was going to throw up, and my arms and legs were made of spaghetti! The fastest we have gone in practice was 24 strokes per minute, and this was at 30. And we came in last.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

I spent an hour mowing my front lawn.A seventy pound electric mower.Up and down hills, and around tree roots.
I filled it into my activities, but I don't think the calories burned is accurate.It said about 400, or less.I don't know.It felt like more.
Doing that in 85-90 degree heat is strenuous.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Did some overkill today, ran a 10mile race that started @ 7am and did it in 1:34.
I then headed over to the gym for some strength training. Worked on chest, arms and shoulders for an 1:45 and it's not even noon yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.