Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-18-2012, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Loobie1
I managed to do 5km (3.1 miles) in 40 mins and 35 seconds, which could have possibly been a bit shorter as I had to wait for said 3 y.o to catch up a lot of the time.... lol. Not sure if this is a good time (obviously about 6 hundred other joggers and runners overtook me along the way, but still....) for me, as I am incredibly unfit at the moment....

If it is a personal best, it is a great time! You were out there moving, so that's the path to being able to say "more fit" instead of "incredibly unfit".

Ron, congratulations on missing workouts (emotionally missing them that is, no congratuations are offered on actually missing them). They do become addictive.
SW sounds like a nice set of personal best!

Thanks all for your kind words on my injury – its gotton much better – I am staying off the treadmill and wearing sneakers just to be doubly sure, but seems pretty good.

Did the videogame bike again, not an impressive ride, I went for a long one, and didn’t top my personal best, much less the ghost I was chasing. Oh well, if you had a personal best every day the ceilings would get dirty. After 25 minutes on the bike I went to boot camp class, which was also challenging.

I may have to alter my eating habits to have something to digest before these – I usually eat afterwards, but I had a really low calorie day yesterday, and maybe I needed more fuel.

Last edited by dear_abby; 09-19-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Did my jog/walk thing today. I'm now jogging for 2 minutes and then walking for 2. Next week I'm going for jogging for 3.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Last night I stationary biked for 10 miles. I was sweating like I had never sweated before, but I did it and in under 1 hour too.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Way to go! So good to hear of so many people doing something good for themselves!

I rowed for an hour, in a four-person sculling boat. Did better than last time - we were coordinated enough to do a "power 10" with all four of us rowing. Signed up for a Race for the Cure on Sept. 30, but have doubts about my fitness for it - it is 5K. But its for my friends with breast cancer.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Abby I'm happy your okay! Its scary when things start to act up.

Exercise today
3 mile run
20 min of kickboxing
Old 09-19-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Another missed night at the gym for me Helped my son get a new bed and refrigerator for his house instead. Tonight is not going to work either as my wife is taking her mother to the Frankie Valle concert. Which means I need to watch the foster kids.

Glad to see everyone else is out there getting it done! I'll be back too it soon.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Leaving work in 5 mins. Get my sweat on. 30 mins. cardio and 40 mins. strength training.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Cool

Today I only had time for a 5 mile bike ride so hopefully I can get a 10 mile ride in tomorrow.

Abby- Sorry to hear about the foot. Glad to hear it's getting better. My left ankle is well.....I don't think it's weak, but my mom does so I have to treat it as weak. I sprained it pretty bad a year ago so bad that we thought it could have been broken, but thankfully it wasn't. At least I don't think it was my mom never took me to the doctor to get it checked out.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

LadyMisery – sounds like a steady plan, I’ll be rooting for you !

Jamie – is this your first 5K? It is inspring once you get moving with the crowd, and eveyone is cheering you!

MzMiNi – Kickboxing is something I’ve wanted to try sound like a heart pounding day

Ron, thanks for checking in even when you don’t make the gym, life interferes for all of us!

SteelerGirl – Welcome – Did you get in that 70 minutes?

Kaitlyn – nice ride – I find sweat motivates me! As for your ankle / mom – its her job to worry about you and it sounds like she does that part pretty well! –

Now, since I don’t have a mom near by, I broke rules today, I couldn’t resist climbing on the treadmill even though my doctor had said stay off it for a week – it went fine, I went pretty slow (a ten minute mile, followed by a nine, then ending with a slighly better than 9), and kept the slant at 2, felt great, and no foot pain. This was followed by a yoga class with a new instructor, amazing, I loved the old one, but this one blows my mind!

Ready for anything!

Abby
Old 09-20-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go everyone.

Steelergirl, Welcome. Hope we can help keep you motivated.

Abby; Good to hear there is no pain in your foot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.