Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Tonysgdbg:

Like Jamie said. Lots of good exercises. Burpees, Lunges, Squats, Pullups and Pushups come to mind right away. Some are just body weight like pushups and Burpees but lunges and squats you can add some weight depending on your fitness level and ability.

Last Night Arms and Shoulders. (sets/Reps)
Side Lateral Raises: 3/6 25# Dumbbells
Military Press: 3/6 2x45# Dumbbells
Bicep Curls: 3/6 45# Dumbbells
Shrugs: 3/6 2x80# Dumbbells
Tricep press: 3/6 75# Dumbbell
Tricep Cable machine Push Down: 70# to 35# (Burn downs, perform to failure,reduce weight by 5 pound, perform to failure, repeat)
Ab Machine: 2/20, 1/22 120# (Was able to add a few more reps on the last set.)
Back Extensions: 3/6 with 35#
Back Extension Twists: 3/10 (each side)
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6, warmup pre- weights, 35 min, level 6 post weights.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Post I'm back!!!

Hey everyone, I'm back. I have no excuses for not working out or eating right for the last few months. I have gained a few pounds sadly, but I expected that.

But I am back and am going to work my big, teehee pardon the pun, but off. I have decided that I'm going to start walk/jog/run in the mornings and in the afternoon I'm going to do some Zumba.

I look forward to the support that you guys can give me and that I will try hard to give back to you.

LOVE ALL,

Kaitlyn
Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Kaitlyn! (That is also my daughter's name.)

I'm glad that you are thinking about your health at such a young age. Just be careful that the scale isn't your only motivating factor. Your body is still growing and changing and some weight gain will come with that. Excess body fat is what you are trying to eliminate. Don't get too fixated on some number on the scale. This would be a good time to think about weight/resistance training.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Welcome back Kaitlyn! (That is also my daughter's name.)

I'm glad that you are thinking about your health at such a young age. Just be careful that the scale isn't your only motivating factor. Your body is still growing and changing and some weight gain will come with that. Excess body fat is what you are trying to eliminate. Don't get too fixated on some number on the scale. This would be a good time to think about weight/resistance training.
Thank you for your input i just have one question. What is weight/ resistance training?? I keep hearing it but I have never fully understood what it was.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

"Weight/resistance training" is also called strength training. Exercises like push-ups are weight/resistance training. Yoga poses like the plank position are also. So are the exercises done on the weight machines at the gym or with free weights at home or the gym. The focus is to build muscles (as compared to aerobic exercise, in which the focus is to increase endurance and aerobic capacity).
By building muscles, we increase our lean body mass, which is the part that uses calories, so we can eat enough to get the nutrition we need without putting on fat. I also find that I feel better about myself as I get stronger. (Don't worry - you won't start looking like a football player. As we women build muscles, they are leaner than men's.)
Hope this helps!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

"Yoga Core" again today - it is quite a workout - my muscles were sore for two days after the last one! This evening I'm taking my 18-year-old daughter to the gym - she wants to join! Maybe my example is helping?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
"Weight/resistance training" is also called strength training. Exercises like push-ups are weight/resistance training. Yoga poses like the plank position are also. So are the exercises done on the weight machines at the gym or with free weights at home or the gym. The focus is to build muscles (as compared to aerobic exercise, in which the focus is to increase endurance and aerobic capacity).
By building muscles, we increase our lean body mass, which is the part that uses calories, so we can eat enough to get the nutrition we need without putting on fat. I also find that I feel better about myself as I get stronger. (Don't worry - you won't start looking like a football player. As we women build muscles, they are leaner than men's.)
Hope this helps!
Thank you. This does help A LOT. Though for some reason I seem to build muscle faster than all of my friends. My calf muscles are huge and I don't do any running or anything I used to do Pilates, which is where I might have gotten the muscles, but I honestly don't know. And yes i am certain that these ARE IN FACT calf muscles not fat.

I did some zumba this morning and I am about to go do some running/jogging/walking.

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 09-10-2012, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from my walk/jog/run. It was fun and was HARD work. My side now hurts, but other than that I feel GREAT!!!

LOVE ALL,
Kaitlyn
Old 09-11-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

I did a 20 minute jog/walk, but before that I did 20 minutes of three youtube workouts(10 minutes of pop-pilates, 5 minutes of weight-free movements, 5 minutes weight-free movements).
Old 09-11-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Our rowing class was out in singles today, with the coach coming around in a launch to watch us. She corrected part of my stroke and then said "you are very coordinated." !! This is, I think, the very first time in my life that a coach or PE-type teacher said I was coordinated. (I am 56.) I thought I was a complete klutz because I couldn't catch or hit a ball. Just shows there is a sport for everyone, but it may take a while to find it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.