Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ran 10 miles on Saturday and rode 15 on Sunday and spent about 1:30 in the gym.
Gonna try for a Monday run after work today
Old 08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Running again today, plus I discovered this awesome site, it has lots of different types of workout: (We are allowed to link here, aren't we?)

www.liveexercise.com

It's going over to pay to use from August 24th I think (still only $5.95 a month!), but I'm going to get free membership for a few months from the resistance bands I just bought. Waiting for them to arrive to try them out, but they look great - can't wait to get started!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ate too much carbs yesterday, and felt down and sluggish today, but dragged myself to the gym anyway. Weight training. Warmup on stationary bicycle would be better if not for TVs - one tuned to propaganda disguised as news, the other to product sales disguised as gossip.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Lots of great activity going on. I had a cold last week, and took it pretty easy, hated myself yesterday, and deprived myself of exercise – really, when I woke up depressed and mad at the world I could have felt better by moving, but I didn’t (oppposite of BIDIA).

Made up for it today – did a 4.75 mile run in 45 minutes, that was some very fast, some very hilly, and some walks,
Old 08-21-2012, 03:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

First day of dawn rowing. The river is beautiful - my body is in shock.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Travelled to daughters for my grandsons 1st birthday over the weekend. Too much eating out and birthday cake and ice cream but I was back at it on Monday night.

Chest, Tricep, Abs. Bench press using 50lb dumbells, reclined Flys using 35# Dumbells. 5 min warmup on elliptical before weights, then 40 minutes after at level 5. Also did 3 sets of 10 back extensions with a 25lb weight for the first time.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Way to go everyone! Good to see you are all overcoming the obstacles!

Missed the gym on Wednesday, had to put an alternator on the car.
Thursday was leg day, 3 sets of 6 reps.
(PB) Squats 110#
(PB) Straight Leg Deadlift 95# I can do more just afraid of injury. I'll work up slowly.
Leg extensions 110#
Seated Squats 150#
Abs Machine 120# (3 sets of 20 reps)
Elliptical - 5 min warmup before weights, 35 min HIIT after weights. (There wasn't alot of difference between the high and low, Legs were dead after the weights but I expected that.)

Hit a new low weight of 227 pounds!!!!!!!!
Whooo hooo! Big hug for your new you. Fabulous work

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Gym today - rowing machine for 5,000 meters at about 30 s/m, plus weight training. Longest and fastest time yet on rowing machine.
Yikes! That's an awesome time. The most I seem to be able to row before totally bonking is 2000 meters - I am in awe.

Ate too much carbs yesterday, and felt down and sluggish today, but dragged myself to the gym anyway. Weight training. Warmup on stationary bicycle would be better if not for TVs - one tuned to propaganda disguised as news, the other to product sales disguised as gossip.
You get a BIDIA (but I did it anyway) award! I bet you felt much better after blowing those carbs out of your system. Sometimes the TV is a great distractor, but sometimes in just makes me mad - I hear you about that.

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Lots of great activity going on. I had a cold last week, and took it pretty easy, hated myself yesterday, and deprived myself of exercise – really, when I woke up depressed and mad at the world I could have felt better by moving, but I didn’t (oppposite of BIDIA).

Made up for it today – did a 4.75 mile run in 45 minutes, that was some very fast, some very hilly, and some walks,
I hope you are feeling better Abby. Some days are like that. Very nice make-up run BTW.

First day of dawn rowing. The river is beautiful - my body is in shock.
Oh, I bet that was a lovely way to start the day. So how is your rowing going? Are you feeling a bit less clutsy?

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Also did 3 sets of 10 back extensions with a 25lb weight for the first time.
Ouch! I am not a great fan of back extensions to begin with, but adding 25lbs - you are an animal!

I had a great weekend with friends - who happen to be my CrossFit coaches - at the mountain house over the weekend. A wonderful 8 mile hike through the Ansel Adams Wilderness on Sat, and a 15 mile Mt bike ride on Sunday. Both of the friends were brand new to mt biking. Steph took several falls, but got back up and got going like a trooper - very impressive. It was great fun to introduce them to "my world" after all of their great coaching in "their world".
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm impressed with your mountain biking! I would feel way too unsteady, but it must be a great way to really connect with nature while getting a good workout!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday's workout: 4 mile run
Today's workout: 2 mile run, 2 mile walk
Old 08-21-2012, 10:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MzMiNi
Yesterday's workout: 4 mile run
Today's workout: 2 mile run, 2 mile walk
Welcome MzMiNi (cute screen name!)
Keep up that running and you'll hit your goal in no time. I will say as a runner, though, make sure get a couple rest days per week. It is while you are resting that your muscles repair themselve and get stronger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.