Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the weights Ron. I've never done gym weight exercises, but they sound heavy to me anyway. And 35 minutes of intervals? That's crazy! Well done though.

Mine was done this morning - 3.6 miles with the same timings as before - I could feel I was definitely on a faster pace than before, but it felt right. Broke the 10 min/mile pace in some places, which much better than I've been doing before. This week feels like a real step forward in running. It's good to see results.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Done a 12.2 mile bike ride. Not much flat ground around here.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Knocked out a 6.67 mile run yesterday after work since it cooled down somewhat- it was only 99*
The temps are climbing back up to the triple digits so I will be in the gym today after work to work on legs and core.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Hadena
Mine was done this morning - 3.6 miles with the same timings as before - I could feel I was definitely on a faster pace than before, but it felt right. Broke the 10 min/mile pace in some places, which much better than I've been doing before. This week feels like a real step forward in running. It's good to see results.
That 10min/mi is a huge barrier to get over - big congrats! Keep it up. You'll be running a sub-30 min 5K in no time!

Originally Posted by Cilmaen
Done a 12.2 mile bike ride. Not much flat ground around here.
Well done... so where are you?

Originally Posted by sw07
Knocked out a 6.67 mile run yesterday after work since it cooled down somewhat- it was only 99*
The temps are climbing back up to the triple digits so I will be in the gym today after work to work on legs and core.
You are a masocist . I can barely walk between my car and the house in this heat! Nice job.

CrossFit: A long workout with power cleans, press jerks, ring rows, overhead squats (finally go the balance thing down), kettlebells, 1m row, and finally as many burpees as you can to finish up a 20 min workout cap.

Unlike SW I did this a 6 in morning (still, it was 75*) and it only lasted 20 minutes.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
That 10min/mi is a huge barrier to get over - big congrats! Keep it up. You'll be running a sub-30 min 5K in no time!
Yes, just realised how close I am today when I discovered that 5K is 3.1 miles, not the 3.3 miles that had somehow become stuck in my head. Just a couple more weeks and I WILL do it!

And nothing wrong with 6am, early morning workouts are the best. It's so quiet and it's not become too hot to want to do anything. Then you feel awesome for the rest of the day too.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki

You are a masocist . I can barely walk between my car and the house in this heat! Nice job.

Unlike SW I did this a 6 in morning (still, it was 75*) and it only lasted 20 minutes.
Lol...thanks, but it's a dry heat up here and there was slight breeze so it wasn't that bad.
However, I was in Long Beach last weekend and found the humidity to be miserable and could not wait to get back to my dry heat

I really wish I could get up early enough to run in the morning before work, but it never seems to work out. Although I'm planning on a nice long run this Saturday morning after I go Salmon fishing.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Lol...thanks, but it's a dry heat up here and there was slight breeze so it wasn't that bad.
However, I was in Long Beach last weekend and found the humidity to be miserable and could not wait to get back to my dry heat

I really wish I could get up early enough to run in the morning before work, but it never seems to work out. Although I'm planning on a nice long run this Saturday morning after I go Salmon fishing.
I'm pretty far from the coast here. Riverside is on the edge of the desert, so it's a dry heat here too! Still say I wouldn't run in 99* blech!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:37 PM
FitDay Member

Another good run today. 3.4 miles. Nothing particularly interesting other than actually seeing other runners out and about for the first time in... ages!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go everyone! Good to see you are all overcoming the obstacles!

Missed the gym on Wednesday, had to put an alternator on the car.
Thursday was leg day, 3 sets of 6 reps.
(PB) Squats 110#
(PB) Straight Leg Deadlift 95# I can do more just afraid of injury. I'll work up slowly.
Leg extensions 110#
Seated Squats 150#
Abs Machine 120# (3 sets of 20 reps)
Elliptical - 5 min warmup before weights, 35 min HIIT after weights. (There wasn't alot of difference between the high and low, Legs were dead after the weights but I expected that.)

Hit a new low weight of 227 pounds!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Gym today - rowing machine for 5,000 meters at about 30 s/m, plus weight training. Longest and fastest time yet on rowing machine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.