Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 08-07-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Thought I'd post this here because I really could use the support.
Did a bike ride today. It was brutal, I did several things wrong. I was tryinmg out a new route. I rode during the hottest part of the day. I had headwinds or crosswinds most of the way. I ran out of water and forgot to bring a snack.
The ride was 30.81 miles, it took me 2 hours 53 minutes and 39 seconds. That is just the time turning the pedals. It does not include any time stopped for a light or a drink.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Borg-mx5
Did a bike ride today. It was brutal, I did several things wrong. I was tryinmg out a new route. I rode during the hottest part of the day. I had headwinds or crosswinds most of the way. I ran out of water and forgot to bring a snack.
The ride was 30.81 miles, it took me 2 hours 53 minutes and 39 seconds. That is just the time turning the pedals. It does not include any time stopped for a light or a drink.
Wow, that sure does sound brutal! Also sounds like you learned some things from it - plus getting a really intense workout. Congratulations for making it through - now when are you going to plan a ride in which you apply the lessons learned (about time of day, water, snack, etc.)? This experience will make subsequent ones seem easy
Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Borg-mx5
Wow that is awesome, you managed to complete the route even with all the factors against you. I'm sure you'll learn the lessons given to you on that ride and take from it the fact that you didn't give up despite the adversity and you overcame it all. Well done you.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 PM
FitDay Member

Phew just back from gym, did 30 mins cardio keeping my heart rate up and 15/20 mins on various weight machines. Now to get some lunch before walking at a moderate pace into work.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM
FitDay Member

I just completed my second 1 hour boot camp, I missed last weeks but went today and OMG! the usual trainer wasn't there so we did the class with the trainer that runs a class called heart attack. 40 minutes of the 1 hour class was cardio cardio cardio. 10 minutes in I thought I was dying, but I made it through! This woman is tough but I didn't quit. I also made a deal with my gym buddy to do a 3k fast walk with her at least one day a week, more if we can fit it in around work and kids.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, great postings, lots going on !

SW – I could never run with auditory stimulus – my head has enough noise! I know some people can’t run without it!

Barbara Jean, if you find a way to do it, the exercise will make you stronger and increase stamina for the rest of your life. For tricks, look at the short periods of wasted time in your day, and see if you can fill them.

Borg – wow, all I can say “wow”

Ice – impressive – just kep moving

Nichala – you did it! Those deals can be powerful, not letting down a gym buddy has gotten me to the gym often.

Today it was a hard bike ride (racing against my ghost from the last time I did it) followed by boot camp. Great Start!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Forgot to post my exercise this week
Despite the fact I ate poorly I did go for a walk in the afternoon (about 15 min)
Tuesday I spent 15 mins weeding
Today...so far...16 min doing step aerobics on Wii Sports Active. I have it on the slow setting and it's fairly fast for me. When I started the beginning of March I could barely get thru 10 min and my co-ordination was awful.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good row today. Sort of overcast, and the water was really calm. There were only two of us in the class, and for once I was the stronger one (! totally new experience for me in an exercise class ) so I could slow down and work on refining my stroke.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Good row today. Sort of overcast, and the water was really calm. There were only two of us in the class, and for once I was the stronger one (! totally new experience for me in an exercise class ) so I could slow down and work on refining my stroke.
Nice Jaime!
CrossFit this morning. As I pulled up to the gym I realized that if it weren't for the obligation to go to class I probably wouldn't be exercising much at all - especially with these extreme heat days. So glad I have this new found addiction to high intensity workouts .

Running (sprinting actually) and push-ups. Since the coach was looking for lots and lots of push-ups he had me do modified (back to the knees). Got 97 in. Not all at once, mind you. The workout was a 200m sprint then as many pushups as fast as you can until you fail. Then up for a 400m sprint, repeat pushups, 600m sprint/pushups, 800m not-quite-a spring/pushups and finally 1000m definitely-not-a sprint and finish up the pushups. I did it in 18 minutes/97 pushups - whooo hooo!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Wow! Lots of pushups! Congratulations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.