Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-10-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Meggietye
Jaime..I too have not been working out (weather related migraines). I have gained 8 lbs as well...YIKES!!!! Lol Very early I put on my runners and walked in the shade for 30 min listening to my guided meditation cd...and I will do it tomorrow as well. I am starting from scratch but now that I have put in an effort my food and water will be fine and I am back on the wagon...yea for us and everyone else!!!!
Congratulations for finding a way to beat the weather! I missed my morning rowing class yesterday due to work demands. Got home at 3:30, having had a stressful time and no lunch. Didn't make it to gym, but did avoid emotional overeating, so a little victory. Today want to make time to exercise.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Congratulations for finding a way to beat the weather! I missed my morning rowing class yesterday due to work demands. Got home at 3:30, having had a stressful time and no lunch. Didn't make it to gym, but did avoid emotional overeating, so a little victory. Today want to make time to exercise.
Hi Jaime, those kind of days happen to all of us. But unlike you some of us revert to the "ah well, who cares, may a well eat crap"! You, my dear, took the bull by the horns and tossed him to the curb! (How's that for mixing my metaphores )

It also sounds like you are developing a nice and healthy addiction to exercise - whoo hoo!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Nik, I hope your marriage brings you as much happiness as mine has me.

Jamie, sounds just beautiful rowing.

I’m back from an amazing trip to the Rockies, lots of hiking and dancing, and porch sitting (can’t really count that one I guess).

Today was an easy run (3.25 miles in half an hour)followed by boot camp, trying to ease in.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Abby,
Welcome back. The Rockies are really incredible! I hope you managed to avoid the fires and smoke
Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Abby,
Welcome back. The Rockies are really incredible! I hope you managed to avoid the fires and smoke
Thanks Pam, yes, we were able to avoid the fires, saw smoke in the distance once, but Colorado is a big place. They were on everybody's mind (appropriately), and there were no fireworks on 4th of July, which was fine, the next two days we got torrential downpours in the nights, which brought great rejoicing.

Today I ran 3 miles in 24 minutes, followed by amazing yoga!

Abby
Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Looked up a YT video this morning and did 30 minutes of Zumba. My first time and as I started I wondered how it could be a workout. Until I was done, I was sure it was a workout for real though! LOL
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks, everyone, for inspiration! Went to the gym today, and did strength training routine for first time in 2 months. At one point I was very consistent for 3 months, and really saw a difference - then change in routine and excuses, excuses. It is harder to climb back than to do it for the first time, but you-all are helping.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

April, gotta love Zumba, it feels silly, and then, behold, you worked out!

Jamie, getting back into strength training may be harder than starting, but so worth i t!

I posted yesterday, and it vanished, oh, well, yesteday was a nice hard spin class, followed by crunch time. Sadly, the Friday spin is undersubscribed (for a lot of classes I was the only one, yesterday, it doubled to two), so they are canceling for the rest of the summer, no excuses, I can still run or ride on Fridays!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday's workout- 1:30 of strength training at the gym and then went on a 26 mile bike ride along the American River, it was an awesome day for a ride (mid 90's with a slight breeze). I also did the ride on my single speed vintage 26" BMX cruiser
Today's work out: probably gonna keep it light and do some core work, my legs and upper body are pretty whupped from yesterday' activity.

Hope everybody else is having a great weekend!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Yesterday's workout- 1:30 of strength training at the gym and then went on a 26 mile bike ride along the American River, it was an awesome day for a ride (mid 90's with a slight breeze). I also did the ride on my single speed vintage 26" BMX cruiser
Today's work out: probably gonna keep it light and do some core work, my legs and upper body are pretty whupped from yesterday' activity.

Hope everybody else is having a great weekend!
So if I had gone on a 26 mile bike ride yesterday, today's "workout" would be lying on the couch moaning The fact that you were planning to work out today made me get off my *** and go to the gym!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.