Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Keily664
We don't have a Y near us so no gym for me :/

I just watched a video that said doing ab exercises will only make you look like you have a bigger belly. Cause your building muscle under the fat. Is this truth or lie??

PEACE OUT,
Kaitlyn
Ummm, the answer is kinda both. Theoretically it could happen. But it is unlikely for a teenaged girl. It takes a lot of continuous training to really see changes in muscles. So don't worry about that. A mix of strenthening exercises like crunches, squats, lunges, push-up/pull-up, mixed with your cardio from the bike is a great way to go.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Kaitlyn,
Does your town have a recreation program? Many cities and towns offer all kinds of activities and classes at very affordable rates - sometimes even free. Check on line, or maybe you local library may have info on local recreational activities.

The best exercise is one you love. And although I love running by myself, it is fun to have company too
Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

No, I stayed cuddled in bed sweating listening to the fan, and recovering from a lovely dinner. I reset the clock for 6, and looked at it when it said "5:59", so got up - after I was showered and dressed, I realized I had misread it - it was only 6:10 then, so I got about an hour of light duty yard work done before the heat of the day. Sad to miss yoga out of sheer laziness, but there's always another day.

Abby
Old 06-21-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
No, I stayed cuddled in bed sweating listening to the fan, and recovering from a lovely dinner. I reset the clock for 6, and looked at it when it said "5:59", so got up - after I was showered and dressed, I realized I had misread it - it was only 6:10 then, so I got about an hour of light duty yard work done before the heat of the day. Sad to miss yoga out of sheer laziness, but there's always another day.

Abby
Sometimes you just gotta sleep in I did the opposite this morning- up @ 5am, went to the gym lifted weights for 40 min and ran on the dredmill for 30min.

It's been way to hot lately for running after work and I've been recovering from vacation. It's sure tough to get back into the routine after having a bunch of time off and catching a cold while traveling Tried running a couple of days ago and could barely do 3 miles...ugh...Damn you Vegas!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

I would jog more if I could do it on the beach. JEALOUS!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

SW – blame it on Vegas! Sounds like you’re still doing impessive workouts.

QuinBee – beautiful places do make runs more fun, but lots of places turn beautiful once you get those endorphins up.

Tough spinning class today, intervals, we kept increasing the resistance, stepping up for a 30 second all you can give burst, and then, came down in a similar pattern, my heart had a blast. I followed with a goodly lot of crunches (on the decline bench, and the Captains chair, and bicycle crunches) then, because I had 10 minutes, I did one more ride on the Expresso Bike, way fun – hit a few riders and trees, but fortunately, they were imaginary.
Abby
Old 06-22-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=sw07;83823]I'm going to talk to the gym staff to make sure they are connected to the Expresso server, I've ridden a few more times since Saturday and my account is still not updating.

QUOTE]

I told the spin instructor (who is Mr. Fitness -former Army guy who ran fitness programs for service men) that I had a friend across the country I would be competing with on these bikes. He offered to do a ride under my profile so you'd be impressed.... I declined, shocked, whatever happened to ethics?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=dear_abby;84046]
Originally Posted by sw07
I'm going to talk to the gym staff to make sure they are connected to the Expresso server, I've ridden a few more times since Saturday and my account is still not updating.

QUOTE]

I told the spin instructor (who is Mr. Fitness -former Army guy who ran fitness programs for service men) that I had a friend across the country I would be competing with on these bikes. He offered to do a ride under my profile so you'd be impressed.... I declined, shocked, whatever happened to ethics?
LOL...that would have been a funny and WTH moment all at the same time.

As for the bikes, my account still hasn't updated and I haven't got a chance to speak with the gym staff yet. I'm usually there when they aren't, I'm going in Sat morning and there should somebody there.
I also noticed one of the bikes hasn't been working (there's only 2, a sit up and recumbent). I was riding the recumbent and the screen froze up about 2 min into my ride and it was stuck on really low gear-arrrgh!! I ended up running on the tredmill instead.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Haven't gotten my Friday exercise yet, but expect to go to yoga this evening.

Yesterday was Xfit. The strength WO was back squats. We were working off our 5 rep maximum weight. 75% of your 5 rep max, 85%, 90% and then 95%. Several months ago my 5 rep max weight was 130#, so I used that number as the baseline. OOPS I guess it have been a while because I could barely do 3 reps @ 120#. And today my legs are totally feeling it. Not quite walk down the stair backwards sore, but I definitely know they got a workout
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

A nice challenging Mt bike ride ~10 miles. Several big, long hills, and I cleaned them all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.