Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 06-01-2012, 02:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

[quote=dear_abby;82451 .

I arrived to an empty spin studio, and I was a few minutes late so I figured class cancelled (it actually wasn't, just no one showed). So I jumped on a treadmill. Since I’d come early for spin I had extra time so I set it for 60 minutes, and did it – 54 minutes of that was nine minute miles, I turned it down when I hit 6 miles, and did another half mile walking. Wow, high as a kite, tired legs, hoping for results![/quote]

Originally Posted by Sweetvirgo123
Yep, I did the Curves Circuit every morning this week. I also biked it to work yesterday and the day before for additional exercise.
Awesome job Abby... so when are you doing your next race

Mai so nice to see you happy!

Welcome Sweetvirgo123! Keep up the great work.

Today is something a little different (playing hooky) - Going for a horseback ride through the local vineyards! I haven't been on a horse in 20 years - although they tell me it's just like riding a bike . Then to lunch and a wine tasting.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the response. you guys just like family to me. I can just be who I am.
Pam, sounds like a nice plan for the day. You have so many interesting way to incoperate work out into you daily routine.
Abby, well done. You don't let other people affect your routine.
Mai
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Despite still hanging on to a tiny migraine I walked for 40 min this morning then this afternoon I did 20 min of cardio. Abby thankyou for your encouraging words! I am new in here and felt a bit shy about posting
Old 06-02-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Thanks for all the response. you guys just like family to me. I can just be who I am.
Pam, sounds like a nice plan for the day. You have so many interesting way to incoperate work out into you daily routine.
Abby, well done. You don't let other people affect your routine.
Mai
Good morning Mai,
I saw your post in the women's corner. Remember, my friend, you are the captain of your own ship. I mean this in the kindest way, but just because there is food in front of you... you don't have to eat it. I think once you get back to a little running the pounds will start to fall off. For me it really does require some extended aerobic exercise to really see the scale shift. And since you really enjoy running, start slow and I bet your distance and speed will build before you know it. But do be carefull with that foot!

Originally Posted by Meggietye
Despite still hanging on to a tiny migraine I walked for 40 min this morning then this afternoon I did 20 min of cardio. Abby thankyou for your encouraging words! I am new in here and felt a bit shy about posting
Meggie, I know what you mean about being kinda shy with posting. It took me a while to really become active, and now you can't shut me up . Actually I'll still have days when there doesn't really seem like much I can add to a thread so I don't.

Yesterday's ride was truely lovely. Not exactly a workout sitting on a gentle horse wandering around the vineyards for and hour and a half. That was followed up by a wonderful, healthy lunch at one of the winery's restaurants and the some wine tasting. (calories in were definitely more than calories out). I went with a good friend of mine. Her DH and mine are 1st cousins and we frequently do things as couples, but we rarely get a chance for just the 2 of us to get together. So it was a wonderful girl's day out. Ahhhh

Now it is off to olymipic weight lifting class. CrossFit has an O-lifting class every Sat. morning and I don't often get a chance to go, so I am really looking forward to "throwing some heavy weight over head". And then not being able to lift my hands over my head for the next 2 days. . Oh the pain, oh the results.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

I know I don't need to eat but don't that the hardest thing? I felt like if I diet I need to cut out my social life. I still not master this part of "dieting". But now I really try to avoid eating grain carbs and sweet. I think those two are the worse for me.

But you are right about running. I remember last couple years when I started to drop pound. I can't restricted diet and very fustrated. But I told myself that I will walk, eventually became running. And when I became a bit fitter, my diet follow. Then I dropped the pound. That what I am doing right now. I just got back to walk/run 5 times/week.

I don't think I eating habit is very bad. I do not drink alchol or sweet drink. I don't eat fast food at all. If I do consume these only occasionally as treat of the family. So I really don't know where to cut it.

Thanks Pam for spending the time read and encourage me. I am not give up yet.
Mai
Old 06-04-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Meggie – we have an award the “BIDIA” – it’s But I Did It Anyway – you get one because you exercised despite a migraine!

Pam, your ride sounds amazing, and,I hope your O Lifting was equally amazing, I won’t be trying that.

Mai, social events are very challenging, because, food is so social, portion control is my friend for those, I do have a bite of the things I want, but try to stop (not always successfully!)

I ran a church fair on Saturday, this put me on my feet for 8 hours, although there were sweets consumed, still a moving day all day – then on Sunday, my journey to church consisted of missing every bus, and ending up walking – it’s about 2 ˝ miles, so that was a little push.

Today I ran one fast mile (8 miles per hour, that’s a 7 and a half minute mile), and then lifed weights, I’ll feel this for a while!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans x 15 - 10min
stationary rowing - 15min
stair-treadmill ergometer - 30min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - w1 d1 - 45min
Bob Harper - Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation - Bonus Abs - w1 d1 - 12 min
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Tunnrida, just curious: what are Tibetans?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Ran 3 miles yesterday morning, planning on repeating tonight but my hams and calves are SO SORE. I'm trying to stretch 'em out at work but this sedentary desk job definitely isn't helping with the tightness...
Old 06-04-2012, 08:21 PM
FitDay Member

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.