Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-31-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I did a 35 min walk but was outdoors on my feet for 50 minutes.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Ran the dogs this morning for about 1.5 miles. After work run planned and then off to the gym. It's my last chance workout before leaving on vacation
Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, your CrossFit coaches didn’t do it, you did!
Welcome back Nik, sounds like quite a move!
Meggietye – that “outside on my feet” counts for a lot.
SW – good luck getting your moves before vacation – take those fuzzy little treadmills out!
I Ended up getting to bed too late last night. I woke with a nasty headache – I’ve been super dehydrated (drinking water all the time, but it’s not enough – emptying my bedside water bottle at night, yes, I do have a doctor’s appointment scheduled), there’s also a lot of pine pollen, which I didn’t think I react to, but apparently I do, and had beer last night, so I felt grim, but the show must go on. I decided to take my time getting out of the house, and caught the 6 AM bus instead of 5:40 – this cut my pre yoga run to 12 minutes, but I did it (7 MPH), and then a blissful yoga class.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

My thighs are on fire and I'm pretty much limping around the office today, butt out like a duck.

Stupid squats.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
My thighs are on fire and I'm pretty much limping around the office today, butt out like a duck.

Stupid squats.

Skill work today was squat snatches (not as nasty as it sounds, actually). We were using pretty light weights so we could focus on form. I think I am finally getting the hang of them. They require a fair bit of balance in addition to strength.

But even more exciting was watching my newbie gym mate finally getting comfortable with the square movement. It can be a little intimidating dropping all the way down so that the back of your thighs are resting on your calves when you aren't sure if you can get back up - I certainly have been there. But she finally got the move! And like almost all of my experiences with power lifting, realized that once you get the form down it is a lot easier than you thought.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken

Stupid squats.
Lol..same here, did squats 2 days ago and my hams are still killin' me
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

5 Tibetans x 13 - 10min
Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 week4 day4 - 35min
walking - 2h
Old 05-31-2012, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

35 minutes run/walk. I felt good. I felt I can be fit again.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Nik – “stupid squats” as Pam says “oh, the burn, Oh the results”

Pam LOL – I’m always telling my husband he can’t have certain words and turn them into “giggle words” don’t give him squat snatches, please! Balance is my weakest area.

Tunnrida, 2 hours is quite a walk

And Mai, yes, you can be fit again!

I arrived to an empty spin studio, and I was a few minutes late so I figured class cancelled (it actually wasn't, just no one showed). So I jumped on a treadmill. Since I’d come early for spin I had extra time so I set it for 60 minutes, and did it – 54 minutes of that was nine minute miles, I turned it down when I hit 6 miles, and did another half mile walking. Wow, high as a kite, tired legs, hoping for results!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I did the Curves Circuit every morning this week. I also biked it to work yesterday and the day before for additional exercise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.