Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-21-2012, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I agree with you, Pam. I don't think I can live without carb but I kind of want to lose quickly, so.. but it doesn't work.

Today is another P90X day. I felt a that i can follow the whole DVD last time so I increased the weight and oh, Man. It's hard. This is my second week. Tomorrow is Yoga. I found that yoga is the hardest. Maybe because I am not flexible.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Yeah, I agree with you, Pam. I don't think I can live without carb but I kind of want to lose quickly, so.. but it doesn't work.

Today is another P90X day. I felt a that i can follow the whole DVD last time so I increased the weight and oh, Man. It's hard. This is my second week. Tomorrow is Yoga. I found that yoga is the hardest. Maybe because I am not flexible.
I have a buddy that is very fit - a triathelete - and he tells me that yoga day is always the hardest!

Glad you are feeling better Abby - nice run. And THEN you did boot camp you rock woman.

Gerl, how often do you use your inversion table?

So where are the rest of our buddies these days? Out enjoying spring training?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

RBS I use the inversion table everyday for stretching. 2 times a week I do the sit ups and the rocking.

Abby, gold star. You have good stamina especially after coming off an illness.

Today was chest, back, lats and delts. Interval training on the eliptical.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 PM
FitDay Premium Member

A nice yoga class this evening. Some challenging poses and some nice stretches.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA

Now that I have been motivated to add exercise as well as dieting into my weight loss journey, for some reason I got addicted to the idea of an exercise bike!

Today I purchased an Airdyne exercise bike that works your legs and arms. It will be here on Thursday! I want to work on in solitude for a bit before I reach my first main goal of losing 50lbs because of lack of self esteem.

My goal is biking for 1 hour 3 days a week, and Biking for a half hour, then weight training for a half hour, for another three days of the week!
I don't want to watch tv or read while working out because I want to stay focused on doing the best work out possible.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Crazigerl, can you tell me about an inversion table? Isn’t Zumba a blast? They’ve just added aqua Zumba at my Y – but I don’t think I can get there Tuesdays at noon! Seems like you’ve got a really varied rotine.

Mai, great to have yoku here, you sure are working hard to make up for not running – I hope I never lose it, but most runners have to take breaks.

Pam, thanks for checking in – yoga is absolutely on my bucket list.

Welcome My Day will Come – I agree with not reading or watching TV while working out – I love the time in my brain.

I had an early breakfast meeting so no Y – but I got a 2.8 mile run in right around half an hour, nothing killer, enjoying spring. I undid all my calorie burn over breakfast.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Supposed to do yoga today but I don't have enough time (yoga 1.5 hours) and I am scared of it too. I did Cardio X instead. I feel good but I wish I should over come and do yoga instead.

Thanks all for your kinds words. The fact that I get in here really get me going. You guys are such inspirations.

I feel like you are so fit and strong and determine.
Love it.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Today I did :
the stationary bike 40min
Jillian Michelas 30day shred level 1 - 27min
easy walk on sun - 65min
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Pam, thanks for checking in – yoga is absolutely on my bucket list.

I had an early breakfast meeting so no Y – but I got a 2.8 mile run in right around half an hour, nothing killer, enjoying spring. I undid all my calorie burn over breakfast.
I am sure that you have a bunch of yoga studios in your area - is it just a time/scheduling issue? There are many styles (as you may know) some are very vigorous and seem more like CrossFit, some are very slow and really aimed at streching the long muscles. The Iyengar style I like the most is about halfway in between. It is quite focused on getting the most benefit from the poses so it incorporates blocks, straps, walls and other modifications if you aren't able to fully do the pose. It can be challenging, but meditative enough to balance my other activities. I hope you get a chance to engage once or twice a week - I am sure you will love it - if you find the right teacher and style. BTW I saw your post re: breakfast and hunger. I suspect you tummy was just all out of sorts being so out or it's routine (hey where's my boot camp... what's this meaty stuff? potatoes? isn't that dinner time food?).

Originally Posted by lastri
Supposed to do yoga today but I don't have enough time (yoga 1.5 hours) and I am scared of it too. I did Cardio X instead. I feel good but I wish I should over come and do yoga instead.

Thanks all for your kinds words. The fact that I get in here really get me going. You guys are such inspirations.

I feel like you are so fit and strong and determine.
Love it.
Hi Mai - there's nothing to fear but fear itself. No one is going to beat you over the head if you don't complete the pose, or yell at you if you rest when whats-his-name moves on to the next movement. Just jump in and do the best you can. You only have upwards to travel, woman. (Although I certainly get the time element - maybe 1/2 a CD???)

Originally Posted by Tunnrida
Today I did :
the stationary bike 40min
Jillian Michelas 30day shred level 1 - 27min
easy walk on sun - 65min
Nice Tunnrida! How are you liking Jillian? Even though she's on the TV she's still kind of intimidating!

CrossFit this morning. There was no way I was coming anywhere near the prescibed weight - I can bearly dream about doing 165# deadlifts and 56# Kettleball swings. There weren't all that many reps, but heck the most I ever deadlifted (once) was 130# and the handle on the 56# KB are so big I can barely grip the thing! But I did finish first
Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Nice Tunnrida! How are you liking Jillian? Even though she's on the TV she's still kind of intimidating!
Strong though she is on TV and I'm alone in the room.
I try to keep the tempo farther ...
after only 27min I am dead, wet and tired!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.