Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lusciousL
Yesterday I did the stairclimber as planned, and threw in some calisthenics as well, I'm still trying to do a proper push up but whenever I get low enought to call it that I collaps, so I'd better call it planking with some movement haha

Today 2X 20 minutes on stairclimber, will report back later.
That was funny, when I do the plank I start shaking like crazy, my husband asked me if I was having a seizure.

Wasn't feeling the gym today for weights. Did 40 minutes on the treadmill with the run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes. Then 20 minutes hill climbing on the bike.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I did the stairclimber as planned, and threw in some calisthenics as well, I'm still trying to do a proper push up but whenever I get low enought to call it that I collaps, so I'd better call it planking with some movement haha

Have a good day all!
Check your form. Hands slightly wider than your shoulders, when you lower, the upper arms should be at a 90 degree angle to the body to make best use of your chest muscles.
Push up form.

If that doesn't work, you can elevate the hands on a bench to reduce the effort.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Breethe000 – I often make promises to myself as I start a workout – it works for me! Sounds like an impressive day.

Crazigerl – your canoe trip sounds amazing!

Luscious – have you tried doing pushups off the wall? It’s a training appraoch.

Yesterday I was in mourining for my beloved Patriots, and skpped gym, today it was spinning, very challenging, and sit ups of various kinds. Glad to be alive today!

Pam – where are you? We gave you 24 hours to celebrate your victory!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Breethe hope the headache has passed, good for you for still going!

crazigerl: (not to make fun of seizures tho!)

handcycle & dear abby: thanx for the advice, it could very well be non-optimal form tho I think it is also lack of strength.

Patriots, what sport is that? (foreigner here )

There is a guy on Youtube who has clip of him doing all sorts of abdominal exercises, I didn't even know there were that many!

I walked 2.5 to 3 hours today, going from one shop to another looking for cheap knitting yarn. In the end I found some, then they were out of knitting needles so I needed to go back to the first store. It was freezing cold but I wore plenty of layers so only my nose got a little icy feeling.

Last edited by lusciousL; 02-07-2012 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

LusciousL – the New England Patriots play American football – Sunday was the Super Bowl, which ends the season, and is almost a national holiday. We lost in the last 52 seconds!

Sounds like a great productive walk – I’ve been reading about the cold over there, you can keep it!

Today was a good fast run (7 MPH for a 5K, then cool down), this was followed by boot camp class – I’ll be feeling those lunges tomorrow!

Abby
Old 02-08-2012, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

dear abby: Ow the Super Bowl! I heard my bf talk about the rumour that Samsung would announce the Galaxy S3 in a commercial break during the SB, so I could've figuered it out
Too bad your favorite team lost

Today would ususally be jogging day so I need to get on the stairclimber instead. I think I'm not setting a timer and just step away until I feel it's enough and then some, and time after. Not sure tho, the timer is a good incentive to keep stepping instead of stopping
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello all you fitness fanatics.

I've been mostly lurking for the last few days. My wanky sleep patterns finally caught up with me on Monday and carried over to Tuesday. I really felt like I was sleepwalking all day Monday (actually for the last week). It wasn't affecting my physical activity as much as my mental accuity. I just had no real ability to think beyond the task in front of me, which included responding to posts. Yesterday I went to the 6 AM CrossFit, came home and decided to take the morning to get myself together. I laid down with a book at about 10, promptly fell asleep and didn't wake up until 2:30 . Since I had no problem going to sleep at my usual time, I'm guessing I needed the rest.

Today I am feeling much better, not quite my mentally energetic self, but a lot closer than I have in over a week.

Yoga tonight
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

hit the gym on my new adjusted schedule.. work decided to throw a wrench in my schedule. another successful day progress in running and lifting. no headache this time! not as much progress as i wanted, but sometimes my goals are just a little ummmm out there optimistic
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Today would ususally be jogging day so I need to get on the stairclimber instead. I think I'm not setting a timer and just step away until I feel it's enough and then some, and time after. Not sure tho, the timer is a good incentive to keep stepping instead of stopping
Hard to know how the timing motivates you – I know in spinning class when I hear that we’ll be doing a particular challenge for ten seconds more it gives me the abilityl to really push that ten seconds – the timer may help you always push another step – you’ll figure it out!

Pam, glad you got your sleep worked out – that’s so much a part of being functional!

Breethe – glad your headache didn’t return, and optimistic goals do no harm, as long as not meeting them isn’t an excuse for defeatist thinking.

Today was my two year anniversary at the Y, and my one year at FitDay – I remember because it’s the same day as my sister’s birthday. I decided that since running has become fairly routine for me, I’ll start messing with elevation, so I did a random hill pattern today – I kept to 6.1 MPH average, with some slow downs on the top of the hills, and clocked 4 miles in 40 minutes – not an amazing speed but I’m adding in this hill stuff, so I feel good about it.
Have a great day!
Abby
Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Nice Abby
CrossFit this AM. Back squats and a bunch of wall balls and box jumps. The box jumps were a little tough and I had to lower the height halfway through, but other than that is was a nice (hard) 20 minute workout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.