Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

hit the gym monday, was so tired from it i didnt bother logging in to say i did! just an average day running and lifting. had to hold back on calf raises because my ankle was hurting pretty bad. anyways starting my 2 day break from work outs!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:19 PM
FitDay Member

Playing soccer at the gym - 50mins - very competitive lots of kcal burned and great for stress release too !!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Breeethe – hitting the gym is far more important than logging it! Great work.

1Fitchallegne – soccer sounds great – I have never played a competitive sport – but I can see how they keep people best.

Personal record for 5K today (I know treadmill times are not indicators of the real world but baby, it’s cold outside) – 26.15. This was followed by a great boot camp class.

26 years ago today, I got married – the same year, my sister did, and I was a bridesmaid. I tried on that dress recently, and it’s too big –so this tells me I could again fit into my wedding dress (should the need arise)
Old 02-01-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

breeth, rest days are as important as workout days - that's when your muscles get a chance to repair and build. Enjoy your break (and the muscle building)

Fit, I'm not much of a team sports person either, something I regret from time to time. I totally admire your soccer time. Keep it up.

Abby I'm not sure that there is all that much difference between dreadmill runs and street runs, but 26.15 min 5Ks are PRs in anybody's book - WOW woman. And how cool is it that your old bridesmaid's dress is too big . It must have been an ususually nice one. Most women can't get rid of theirs fast enoung .

Today I was the "featured athelete" on our X-Fit page. A pretty big honor for an old lady: Athlete Profile!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

An hour each day of walking, unless I break it up into 30 min walking and 30 min on the elliptical at the gym.

Yesterday was a full walking day; did laps around the neighborhood and such. Today should be a half and half day.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Just to check in: Past few days I've SO not been feeling it, each evening I decide to go running first thing in the morning but I'm a wuss, it's cold and I'm tired.

So yesterday I planted this stairclimber thingie (just two large footsteps on some sort of hinges and 2 elastic bands to hold) in the middle of the living room, set the alarm for 10 minutes, got on it and did my thing, and that was that. Today I did 16 minutes. Tomorrow...? I really need to go for a run, need to go against my nagging voice "but I don't WANT to" and make it something enjoyable (99% of the time, in hindsight, I was glad I went anyway)

Plan B would be 20 minutes stairclimbing/steps device (no idea what it is called, I call it my step apparatus)

On a positive note: Been eating rather well, even without running, I didn't take more energy in than I expend, and also good, fresh stuff/no overprocessed junk.

I find it very hard not to dwell on the thought "my oh my why did I ever eat myself up to excess weight, since taking it off is so much harder than maintaining (must have been the jojo crash diet fasting disordered eating thing that started at age 13....)

Greetz from captain hindsight and his helpers coulda woulda and shoulda
Old 02-01-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

That's a very cool picture there Pam, you wielding that big axe!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

welcome rumpusparable

dear Abby congrats on your 5K result!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Well I have been really lazy in posting here but since January 16th I've done something everyday for at least 30 minutes. By the time I log food, read the new posts it is time to go to bed.

I just want to say I do read this one, you are all encouraging and even if you don't feel like it you do something. That's what I learned this week, just do something as it is all cumulative.

Today I tried the rowing machine and have a new appreciation for those who do this on a regular basis. I actually quite liked it even though it kicked my butt in the end. I'm pretty sure this will be good for endurance.

RunBikeSki, awesome accomplishment on you athlete profile.

LucsiousL loved the description of the thingie, I can tell you are already bonding with it. lol
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your kind words Pam – I hope I don’t come across too boastfull here, but that’s one of the reasons I am here, I can’t talk to my friends like this, or I wouldn’t have any left! The bridesmaid dress was specifically chosen so we could use for many occassions (all brides say that, my sister succeeded) Congratulations on your Feature Article, what an interseting bio – and beautiful photo, I love the action and the background!

Rumpusparable welcome, sounds like a good routine to keep up!

Luscious, I’ve been missing you – Captain Progress and Her helpers Will and Can are here for the next phase!

Crazigerl, good work – yes logging can be quite a time eater, and add reading posts to that, it’s a wonder I ever get anything done!

I woke up with the "don wannas" (as in "I dont want to go") – we had gone out to dinner last night to celebrate our anniversary. The "Ya gottas" won. Feet hit the floor and I promised myeslf “you don’t have to do an awesome workout, you just have to do a workout” so fairly easy time on the elliptical, good 40 minutes, kept making it a little harder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.