Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-29-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Good luck next weekend. I am glad you are back to your runs. Today is indeed a glorious day. I'll do a shortish, easy run tomorrow. Next Sat is the Death Valley 1/2. I am really looking forward to it. Last time I ran it (3 years ago) I have horrendous leg cramps. I have learned how to deal with them better, so I am definitely looking for a PR, and possibly a podium position. One of the benefits of being an older runner is that there are fewer of us. BUT the ones that have stuck with it are really good.
Thanks Pam & Good Luck with your 1/2 next Sat.
I'm also planning on running a 1/2 in late April- plenty of time to train
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Got done just as hubby came home from work (poor guy has a duffed node). I even got in 17 squats (1 more than last time!) before my right knee collapsed in protest. Weather has been to slushy to go walk outside.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Got back in the gym after my usual saturday rest day. the new fish oil supplement im taking is working wonders for my knees with all the running im doing now.

ran 1.75 miles... was only planning on doing 1 but just felt good so i figured might as well push it.

went into lifting, mixed it up this week by lowering reps and raising weights. found i had to repeatedly raise the weights because the reps felt too easy!

i even maxed out a machine today. i pretty much feel like superman right now.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Ran 9.65 miles yesterday... the trail map said it was 10 miles but my gps said otherwise
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Breethe – those gains are exciting, and, moving for 60 minutes is something to be proud of! And then your next post, feeling things get easier – you are Superman!

SW – amazing when you go back and map sometimes! You can call 9.65 ten miles if you like.

Pam – I know what you mean about position in the age brakcet – you’ll be on my podium every day! I’ll be rooting for you and SW

Zyxst, some are morning lifters,, some are afternoon, but getting there is the vital thing!

1 fit challenge – interval swimming sounds exhausting good work!

Luscious – you finished your 5K – you’ll get that time down with persistance – my first (and only, so far) 5K was just under half an hour, and I did some walking in that.

Challenging weight lifting for me today – my buddy the trainer stopped by and gave me some tips, timed my planks (they are much longer than I thought I was doing!), and suggested we get some time together. I really don’t feel like working, I’d rather be at the gym – and I don’t think I ever said that before!

Abby
Old 01-30-2012, 02:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great job everyone on pushing your limits! That's the way to get it done!

Abby I know what you mean about just wanting to hang around the gym all day. Your trainier must be seeing something special in your workout ethic, probably the same thing I see in reading your posts - you are awesome woman! So when are you going to do your next race?

This is a rest/taper week for me. Rolled out the legs and shoulders with a foam roller - ahhh. Now on to work.

Keep up the great work you all
Old 01-30-2012, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

I'm calming down from my half mile walk. The weather is windy cold, but the roads are clear and dry. If I do lift weights tonight, it'll have to be watching tv. My computer's graphics card is croaking its death song and making any video watching a strain on the system.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by breethe000
Got back in the gym after my usual saturday rest day. the new fish oil supplement im taking is working wonders for my knees with all the running im doing now.

ran 1.75 miles... was only planning on doing 1 but just felt good so i figured might as well push it.

went into lifting, mixed it up this week by lowering reps and raising weights. found i had to repeatedly raise the weights because the reps felt too easy!

i even maxed out a machine today. i pretty much feel like superman right now.
Hi Breeth I find that fish oil really helps too. The other thing I take on a regular basis is glucosamine/condroiten. Really helps protect the tendons and ligaments.

Good job on the run. Those surprising little bursts of energy can be so joyous!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

I do exercise regularly. I did it today. I did lot of walk first and then did some running. Both are beneficial for fitness and health.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, foam rollers are a great treat – when I used to do modern dance in high school we used rolling pins, annoyed my mother when I borrowed hers
(not that she made cookies, but there was a “yuck” to it).

Zyxst – keep that moving – did you get those weights lifted?

Turned out to be a late night last night, and so spinning got missed, but I did take a nice long walk to the bus instead of catching at the corner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.