Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

I tried a beginner bootcamp today, I felt good as I kept up. Thought I could take on the world after the class and could of hugged any one who walked in front of me. I'm hoping that's what a runner's high would feel like.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

The computer ate my post as well

Anyway I lost weight and also several measurements showed a decrease, and my bf thought the skin on my back and belly felt looser. Not that I want to have loose skin but at least my plodding on pays off
Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Urban –t hat extra mile “cause I felt pretty good” is a nice touch – and the weekly total is a nice thing – I’ve been tracking mine keeping my annual on a spreadsheet since January 1.

Good work Pam – I love 6 AM workouts – I feel so superior to the rest of society!

Breethe – welcome –we don’t all get a personal best every day.

Kimbur – keep it going!

Crazigerl – yes, that’s what a runner’s high feels like, and they last – I get them for many activites, some people just for running.

Lucious –results feel good!

I saw a nice number on the scale today – I’m calling it 155, but could have been 154.9 – anyway – it is the first time it was deciding where to balance below the 155 line. I’m having a party when I move the big weight (the 150 – on the balance scale at the gym) – you are all invited, we’ll have water, and fresh fruit, and dance at our computers!

It was a wonderful spin class today – “Race Day” – we don’t know what each other is doing on their bikes – but the plan was to try to give your all, all class – and I worked very had. This was followed by breakfast with an insurance broker, and I did my best to not blow it – yogurt (but it was strawberry, lots of sugar, fruit, and they brought a side of granola with it which I should have not eaten, but I did).

Be strong!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by breethe000
Hit the gym today, after my usual 2 day break, and it kicked me in the pants. my warm up jog went as planned; but when i moved on to lifting i just couldnt finish my last set in 80% of my lifts. oh well first "bad" day in a while, tomorrow all cardio wooo!
Yup, that happens sometimes. Sometimes I can figure out why or identify a specifc reason... other times, well it's a mystery. I hope cardio will go well.

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Just got home from the gym. Did back and biceps today followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical.
Nice - how are those biceps lookin' these days? I am one of those people who believe if it isn't outdoors it ain't exercise - that is until I discoverd X-fit. But a couple of weeks ago I was at a conference and outdoor running wasn't really and option so I played on the elliptical and I gotta say I really enjoyed!

Originally Posted by crazigerl
I tried a beginner bootcamp today, I felt good as I kept up. Thought I could take on the world after the class and could of hugged any one who walked in front of me. I'm hoping that's what a runner's high would feel like.
Whoohooo - you go girl. Yup, you got the runner's high! Watch out it is highly addictive

Originally Posted by lusciousL
The computer ate my post as well

Anyway I lost weight and also several measurements showed a decrease, and my bf thought the skin on my back and belly felt looser. Not that I want to have loose skin but at least my plodding on pays off
Awesome! That lose skin will tighten up, I promise. Just get the BF to give you regular massages with a nice toning lotion or oil... it'll have multiple benefits .

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Urban –t hat extra mile “cause I felt pretty good” is a nice touch – and the weekly total is a nice thing – I’ve been tracking mine keeping my annual on a spreadsheet since January 1.

Good work Pam – I love 6 AM workouts – I feel so superior to the rest of society!

Breethe – welcome –we don’t all get a personal best every day.

Kimbur – keep it going!

Crazigerl – yes, that’s what a runner’s high feels like, and they last – I get them for many activites, some people just for running.

Lucious –results feel good!

I saw a nice number on the scale today – I’m calling it 155, but could have been 154.9 – anyway – it is the first time it was deciding where to balance below the 155 line. I’m having a party when I move the big weight (the 150 – on the balance scale at the gym) – you are all invited, we’ll have water, and fresh fruit, and dance at our computers!

It was a wonderful spin class today – “Race Day” – we don’t know what each other is doing on their bikes – but the plan was to try to give your all, all class – and I worked very had. This was followed by breakfast with an insurance broker, and I did my best to not blow it – yogurt (but it was strawberry, lots of sugar, fruit, and they brought a side of granola with it which I should have not eaten, but I did).

Be strong!
You are so right about being ready to take on the world after that 6 AM workout. I always feel great after the 8AM workout, but there is something about starting just as the sun is coming up that feels special. Wonderful news on the weight - hip,hip hooray! Can't wait for our cyberparty.

I am definitely feeling yesterday's work out - everywhere. Shoulders, back, abs, legs - it really kicked my butt. This evening I have yoga, but the Friday class is usually pretty mellow and the teacher will allow us to do as much or as little as we wish.

As I am in a taper for my race I will mostly work on lengthening the tight muscles.

Great job everyone... have a wonderful, healthy Friday!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

as mentioned yesterday, friday is double cardio day for me. when i first started doing cardio in november, i went 60 mins ended with 3.44 miles... pretty much just walked lol. today i went well over 60, but at the 60 minute mark i was at 4.44. kind of special to see that much of a gain ^^
Old 01-28-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

My strained back is finally feeling 100% (hurt it 2 weeks ago) and I went for a run today- absolutely beautiful Saturday morning.
I was going for a 5-6 mile run but once I got home and mapped it, It ended up being a 8.8 mile run(1:28 hrs) Felt awesome to get back into it.
Next Sunday's 10k race shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
My strained back is finally feeling 100% (hurt it 2 weeks ago) and I went for a run today- absolutely beautiful Saturday morning.
I was going for a 5-6 mile run but once I got home and mapped it, It ended up being a 8.8 mile run(1:28 hrs) Felt awesome to get back into it.
Next Sunday's 10k race shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck next weekend. I am glad you are back to your runs. Today is indeed a glorious day. I'll do a shortish, easy run tomorrow. Next Sat is the Death Valley 1/2. I am really looking forward to it. Last time I ran it (3 years ago) I have horrendous leg cramps. I have learned how to deal with them better, so I am definitely looking for a PR, and possibly a podium position. One of the benefits of being an older runner is that there are fewer of us. BUT the ones that have stuck with it are really good.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hitting the weights after browsing the forum. No clue why, but I prefer exercising in the evening.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

I did swimming today for overall like 20mins- in which 13mins was killing interval swimming with fast as hell freestyle laps and medium kinda resting breaststroke laps

Im planning to get to about 20-30mins of interval eventually as my strength get better

Thats all keep the good work
Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Tried to run 5 kilometer / 3.1 miles in as close as possible to 30 minutes but had to walk the last bit and it took me 45 minutes in total....

Want to participate in a 5K race in April so I have quite some more training to do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.