Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Did 40 minutes of weight training, tried a new exercise. Burpees with a Bosu. When the trainer said that, I had no idea what the heck he meant, I will never forget now. Brutal.
Tried running on the treadmill. Had to do eliptical instead.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Kimbur – it amazes me how this board gets me to the gym – knowing that people will check up on me – let us know the level of nagging you want – we can arrange for people to appear at your home if you don’t show at thegym…

Luscious, I’d also love to pul a 10 K in 60 minutes – but finding the time to train for an hour is hard! UrbanMule – you’ve done what Luscious and I dream of, I wanna be like you!

Crazigerl, isn’t Burpees with a Bosu a band?

Today I spun, it was a hard class with lots of jumps, and I feel pretty good about it. I followed up with my core work – crunches on the decline bench with a weight, oblique twists on a ball, and the captain’s chair.

Oh and Pam, guess what, they are instituting cross fit at my Y – I may have to quit my job to take all the programs I want, and then I can’t afford a gym membership (or food,so I’ll lose weight…)

Abby
Old 01-24-2012, 04:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Did 40 minutes of weight training, tried a new exercise. Burpees with a Bosu. When the trainer said that, I had no idea what the heck he meant, I will never forget now. Brutal.
Tried running on the treadmill. Had to do eliptical instead.
Ahhh, burpees! Fabulous exercise. I have a strong love/hate relationship with them. The thing is that they never get easier , you just get faster and stronger - good job crazigirl

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Kimbur – it amazes me how this board gets me to the gym – knowing that people will check up on me – let us know the level of nagging you want – we can arrange for people to appear at your home if you don’t show at thegym…

Luscious, I’d also love to pul a 10 K in 60 minutes – but finding the time to train for an hour is hard! UrbanMule – you’ve done what Luscious and I dream of, I wanna be like you!

Today I spun, it was a hard class with lots of jumps, and I feel pretty good about it. I followed up with my core work – crunches on the decline bench with a weight, oblique twists on a ball, and the captain’s chair.

Oh and Pam, guess what, they are instituting cross fit at my Y – I may have to quit my job to take all the programs I want, and then I can’t afford a gym membership (or food,so I’ll lose weight…)

Abby

How do you jump on a spin bike . Well I probably do not need to say this but : TRY THE CROSSFIT - I think you will love it! But hey, I understand not having enough time/energy/money to do it all. I would love to take a zumba class. It just sounds like so much fun. I am pretty much 2 left feet, but several years ago I too jazzercize and as long as I didn't take myself too seriously it was a blast.

I went to the 6:00 class this morning. The first time I've been able to pull myself together and get out the door for CrossFit. I actually really liked going that early. I think I will try to do it more often, although I love my fellow atheletes in teh 8:00 class.

Soooo glad to see all the new faces - keep it up everyone. Like Abby said, you inspire me to keep it up .
Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
You guys that run and cycle inspire me. I look forward to being able to run and bike at a good pace and for a good distance as I lose weight.

I worked out upper body, went as heavy as I could with good form, upped my weight on a few lifts. I'm doing 3 sets of 5 to try to build some mass, and keep the muscle I have while I lose weight. Also gets me out of the gym faster which I like.
Read a good PDF today - too large to post - from Jeff Galoway, the running guru talking about the benefits of taking walk breaks during long runs, for injury avoidance and developing longer distance fitness. He did that during half of his 130 marathons! I'll try a minute break during my next "long" 5 mile run, which has been bothering my foot lately. Most of us started out alternating walking and running, however it is a strategy that can still be used as one progresses ... the calorie burn and fitness benefits are very similar with a lot less potential pain!

The think I like best about running while on a diet is that I can eat more However for the most part I keep my dieting and exercise on seperate days,
for performance reasons.

Last edited by FutureizNow; 01-24-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Future, if you're having pain in one foot, that's not fatigue but an impending or existing injury.

Where on your foot is the pain?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default working out...trying, anyway

I have worked out every day that I am not at work. Its hard when I would just love to take a day off and chill out. Trying...really, really trying.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

I worked out today! 30 mins (2+ miles) on the elliptical. At a good incline to so I'd feel it in my calves. I then walked 2 laps around the track to cool down and then stretched. I felt great afterwards
Old 01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lusciousL
Saturday was 6.4 kilometer/ a little shy of 4 miles, 15 min run 1 min walk, and in the 15 min some sprints and hills, repeated 3 times, weighed today, nothing changed, measures waist, lost 3 cm/just a lil more than 1 inch.

Yesterday my bf made a short body shot video and I swear I look less flabby,so, even though it all goes VERY slow I am motivated to go on.

Today another run, will report back later

Ow and I bookmarked a few sites with several exercises without any equipment needed to do at home, now I need to start doing some

The easiest to incorporate in daily life core stability exercise: walk upstairs!
I love your enthusiasm Luscious

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
3 miles easy today
Urbanmule I am so jealous, however I promise you one day I will say 3 miles easy today

Originally Posted by dear_abby

Abby
Abby, the bosu is a half exercise ball on a board. Usually use them for core stability.

For spinning don't you do hills. I love the captain's chair. That looks like a good workout.

Pam, I just have a relationship of hate right know for the burpees.

Last edited by crazigerl; 01-24-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

dear_abby I've got all the time in the world since I'm in between jobs, so as long as it doesnt require fancy equipment I can exercise all I want (not that I want so much of it lol)

crazigerl thanks! I am prone to thinking "ah sod it all!", so I really have to push myself to stay positive. It's the only way to get me off the couch regulary.

Would be a funny band name, "burpees with a Bosu"

FutureizNow yes the walk run walk is great for building up towards run walk run and then you find yourself running further and further (it's speed I have issues with, need to do more interval like stuff, but I love the long slow runs cos they're so Zen to me

I think this method can also be very usefull for ppl who have zero stamina and no clue where to start

kimbur I also use this thread for accountability, it really works!

MAllen8 I hope you write more so we can cheer for you to make it a little less hard (sounds like you struggle with lack of time and/or energy?)
I really like the helping each other to stay positive and motivated vibe of this thread, hope it can be of use to you too

RunBikeSki wow at 6 in the morning, now THAT is impressive to me!
My bf works late shifts so if I were to become an early riser I'd see him next to never.

Agree with the pain in foot not to be something to ignore. Better be safe than sorry!

slocupcake good for you! I have to keep reminding myself to stretch afterwards....

Today I still feel a little "concrete-like" in the butt area, not sure why.
Now I'm trying to decide what kind of jogging training to do today. slow and long, or short and faster, or a little bit of everything.

What would be my best bet to slowly evolve from a jogger to a runner?

Last edited by lusciousL; 01-25-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good morning all you workout wonders!
So nice to everyone's posts. I'm off for an "easy run" which to tell you the truth, I really don't know what that is. Some runs are just harder than others... if you know what I mean.

luscious, how about changing the routine today and doing some yoga? Stretch out the concrete and give the legs a rest. It really looks like you have a pretty good program going. How to get from jogger to runner? TIME and MILES. Ain't no short cuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.