Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-18-2012, 12:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by zyxst
Oh, I feel super smart today! I found out the exercises I've been doing to get rid of that underarm flab are actually proper ones. I was able to do 3 reps in a row without making my omgthishurtssobad face. It will be so nice to wear one of my favorite shirts again. I tried it on 2 weeks ago and the sleeves looked like tourniquets on my biceps.
I donno, zyxst, making the faces somehow just make it easier to get that last round in . The gym I work out in usually has the music blaring so loudly that you can barely hear yourself think, let alone here any little grunts and groans. Yesterday for some reason the music was off as were were working on overhead lifts - man I make a bunch of noises . Of course I wasn't the only one, but apparently the noises are all part of the program.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I donno, zyxst, making the faces somehow just make it easier to get that last round in . The gym I work out in usually has the music blaring so loudly that you can barely hear yourself think, let alone here any little grunts and groans. Yesterday for some reason the music was off as were were working on overhead lifts - man I make a bunch of noises . Of course I wasn't the only one, but apparently the noises are all part of the program.
Good thing you don't go to Planet Fitness.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
Good thing you don't go to Planet Fitness.

Ummm, how do you "relax" and get fit at the same time Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? Even yoga takes effort that occassionally results in a "HUP"
Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

You are all so inspiring.
On my to do list for the next 50 years of my life I want to try new exercises.

Today I did Zumba, OMG the first one was invigorating. However, because I was having so much fun the instructor offered me a free class that started just a half hour later than the one I finished. I'm already sore, I think I need those rails that you install in the bathroom.
A nice bath and some stretching should do the trick.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

UrbanMule, your speed walk is ten minute miles ? Pretty impressive

Lusious, sounds beautiful – my image of the Netherlands (having never been there!) doesn’t include beautiful paths in the woods! I love the idea of fantasies about a future route, I’ve done that on Cape Cod, and then done the route!

Zyxst – my least favorite picture of myself includes my sausage arm in a red checked tourniquet which was supposed to be my blouse, I’ll never wear that pattern again!

Crazigerl, I love Zumba – I’m impressed at two classes!

I got to the Y this AM, and the treadmill just looked so unappealing, don’t know why, I’d been thinking about a long run for days, but instead, I did the elliptical. My preferred one is called “The Wave” and it has a side to side movement which uses different muscles – felt good and different.
Have a great day!

Abby
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

A solid 30 minutes of sweat of every morning on the treadmill! ...And sometimes another 30 minutes of sweat on the stationary bike with a textbook in my lap if I've been stressed out.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
UrbanMule, your speed walk is ten minute miles ? Pretty impressive

Abby
Fast walk... slow jog...

1/4 mile walking
3/4 mile at 10:30ish
1 mile at 9:00ish
1/2 mile at 10:00ish
1/2 mile at 10:00ish
3/4 mile at 10:30
1/4 mile walk

Last edited by Urbanmule; 01-19-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
You are all so inspiring.
On my to do list for the next 50 years of my life I want to try new exercises.

Today I did Zumba, OMG the first one was invigorating. However, because I was having so much fun the instructor offered me a free class that started just a half hour later than the one I finished. I'm already sore, I think I need those rails that you install in the bathroom.
A nice bath and some stretching should do the trick.
Oh yeah! Know that feeling! At first I think to myself What the Heck did I do that for??? Then as the pain subsides I start thinking - hey let's do it again . There are soooo many ways of exercising I am sure you will lots and lots of new options in the next 50 years. Among other things they keep coming up with new stuff - yeah!

Originally Posted by Freshman30
A solid 30 minutes of sweat of every morning on the treadmill! ...And sometimes another 30 minutes of sweat on the stationary bike with a textbook in my lap if I've been stressed out.
Whoohooo, way to get after it. I could never get the hang of reading on the bike - my mind wanders when I get tired, but I sure have admired those that could - talk about efficient multi-tasking.

Had a great yoga session last night. I think I have finally gotten the hang of chataranga (yoga push up) with out tearing out my rotator cuff. No sore shoulders this morning.

So today is a big milestone - 1 year anniversary at CrossFit. I will be retesting the baseline workout this evening. 500m row, 40 air squats (no weight), 30 situps, 20 push-ups, and 10 pull-ups, for time. A year ago the pushups were on knees - not toes, and the pull ups were with about as much band assistance as you can get. This year I am on my toes for pushups and using the lowest band for pull ups. Not sure whether the time will change much, but I have clearly gotten stronger.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

I got to the gym at 5:00 and did Day 2 of my 3 Day 5X5 Routine.

Light Squat
Light Bench
Heavy Deadlift

I plan on going tonight after work for some cardio.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

I did 7 squats, properly with the ab clenching, and I could not stop giggling during the stand up. My brain kept saying, "This is the stupidest way to sit down." I'm sorry, but the squat is such a ridiculous thing. I'm not knocking that it's a great exercise. I just cannot do it without laughing, which spoils the whole effect it's supposed to have.

Arms are doing great; got my half hour in with no problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.