Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-17-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Went for a long run on the last day of the year We are having some awesome weather, mid 50's & sunny.
I ran 11.5 miles in 2:04- my longest yet.
I also tallied up my miles for 2011, I ran a total of 581.07 miles Wow, that's alot.

Happy New Year everybody!
Finally added my miles for the year - 316. Most were in the 6-7 mile range with some 10 to 12s as I was approaching races. I got off to a slow start in Jan & Feb b'cuz that's when I started X-fit: a girl has only so many muscle to devote to a sport

OK, where are out missing exercisers? I looked through the past several pages and we are missing quite a few. Come on back y'all!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, we are hibernating! it's cold out there. Actually I wish it was cold out there - never thought I'd say that. It is pouring rain in Ontario today. Curled last night. Put my gym bag in the car this morning - does that count as exercise? I will be herding cats later this week as I have to pack them in their carriers. The first one will be easy. I'm already working my strategy to pack them bothwithout a major cat hunt. Mary
Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Finished my free weights before supper. My arms hurt like anything. Only thing keeping me going is this will bring my upper arm shape up instead of hanging down.

Still too cold to go walkies outside. I went upstairs to use the in-law's treadmill and my MIL would not leave me in peace. I think suffering several hours of teeth pain is better than having her talk at me.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=RunbikeSki;68769]Finally added my miles for the year - 316.[QUOTE]

Nice! Looks like a Tebow number

I had planned on entering a 10k for this Sunday, but I hurt my back yesterday and it's still buggin today, so it looks like I'll be taking it easy for a while...and there's also a large storm (so they say) rolling in this weekend and running in freezing rain for 6 miles does not sound like fun
Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Sooo... I think I've been eating too few calories. Over the past 2 months I've lost less than 7 pounds, and feel it might be because I'm not eating as much as I should (weird concept I know) I started feeling really light headed when I would stand up and or get out of bed. I upped my calories from 1650 to 2100 (which is the average of about 8 different calculators I've used) and if I still lose weight, closer to 1.5pounds a week, I'll keep it there lower it slowly until I find the happy medium.

I know the above has nothing to do with exercising today, but I didn't feel like creating a new thread.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Urbanmule. I'm with you. I'm doing 1600-1800 calories as for years I did 1200 and got nowhere. I upped it to 1800 starting January and the first week lost 6 pounds. I felt like crap before but now I feel like I can do this with the higher cals. Good luck.

As for exercise I did or tried to do sprints on the treadmill. Sucking wind for sure but burned 400 calories. Did some free weight as it chest and shoulder day to day. I feel virtuous.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, the gym bag coming out of the car at the Y is what counts!

Zyxst, those arm muscles hurt because they are happening – you’ll see them soon! Good for you keeping going despite MIL!

SW, sorry about your back, don’t spoil your progress!

Carzigerl, welcome – nice to feel virtuous!

I ran 3.5 miles in 33 minutes, including warm up and cool down, and then did boot camp class – don’t feel like working at all!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

An hour of speed work today, just shy of 6 miles... Good to see some new faces here and the old faces returning
Old 01-18-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday I did a little interval type running in the woods, there was a path paved with sand and as a treat I took off my shoes and did the last 10 minutes on bare feet, it was a little cold on the feet, a few passers by laughed or made comments, but it felt very natural and playful, instant joy

I like the fact that running with bare feet forces you to land on the forefoot, something I find hard to do in running shoes. Somehow it makes me feel like I'm about to fall over and the steps become very small in length.

In total I spent an hour outside, I think I did 50/50 on the running and walking.

However I had forgotten to take a towel with me so I had to go with the soles of my feet covered in sand into my socks and shoes again, hmmm, that was a another matter of just do it, besides going for a run in the first place lol (I've never loved exercise for exercise sake, just for play, like volleybal, badminton, you know all these leisurely things)

Anyway after that I had an hour bikeride to get home (bike had come with me in the back of bf's car)

Today I ran 5 kilometer / a little over 3 miles in 2 parts, each part consisting of 10 min easy jog, 4 min a little faster, 3 min another bit faster, 1 min full throttle. I felt a nice tingling in my legs when I got back home, then stretched, and ate a big bowl of salad with a can of tuna.

Then I went into fantasy mode and made a 10 K route on the computer, with the idea to walk run walk my way up to finishing the route in an hour time, hopefully somewhere in the year 2012

Sorry for the long post, I felt like sharing
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I feel super smart today! I found out the exercises I've been doing to get rid of that underarm flab are actually proper ones. I was able to do 3 reps in a row without making my omgthishurtssobad face. It will be so nice to wear one of my favorite shirts again. I tried it on 2 weeks ago and the sleeves looked like tourniquets on my biceps.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my legs. I'm not much of a runner and my in-laws are quite nosey when I start going up and down the stairs. Something simple like stepping in place, I think, for maybe 10 minutes to start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.