Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-13-2012, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

really like the idea of this thread,
I did excercise today I did my first spin class and I can tell you it was hard work!
woke up about 5 minutes before the class started but i'm lucky I live near to the gym, I thought about putting my head back on the pillow but you have to put your name down for these classes and they put the exact number of bikes out so it's really obvious if i'm not there, and it would have been very embarressing to say I oversplept :S
Old 01-13-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

GREAT WORK !!! I love spinning - it kills me, but I really enjoy it - and yes, having a class expect you is a great motiviation to get out of bed.

There's a really weird busines running here in Boston, basically, you pay them a deposit, let's say $100, and make a committment to get to the gym a certain number of times over a period (let's say 15 times this month), if you do it, you get your money back, if you don't they donate most of it to charity, keeping a cut for themselves! I expect this works for some people, but I'm far to cheap.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
GREAT WORK !!! I love spinning - it kills me, but I really enjoy it - and yes, having a class expect you is a great motiviation to get out of bed.

There's a really weird busines running here in Boston, basically, you pay them a deposit, let's say $100, and make a committment to get to the gym a certain number of times over a period (let's say 15 times this month), if you do it, you get your money back, if you don't they donate most of it to charity, keeping a cut for themselves! I expect this works for some people, but I'm far to cheap.
Now thats putting your money where your mouth... no thats not right... weight... is!

Congrats on the spinning, running, and lifting you guys keep it up!

10 miles tomorrow and we just got hit with snow
Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all you fitness fanatics!
I am at a conference in San Diego (if there was ever a city with perfect weather - it's San Diego). The resort has a wonderful fitness room with a spa attached. Steam room, sauna, and whirlpool - all for $5. I went on Wed and did a CrossFit work out then sat in the steam room for a while - heaven! I'll be going again this afternoon. (gonna skip a couple of talks, but it will keep me from getting numb-butt syndrome).
Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Just joined the gym this week. Have wanted to for awhile, my wife was actually the one who decided it was time that we exercised. (She is 5'6" and 125-130# and never had a problem with her weight.)

So I've worked out 3 time this week so far. Even went on Wednesday night after a big snow. Just got to stay in the habit.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:09 PM
FitDay Member

welcome new exercisers!

Dear abby I was wondering how you keep the camelback clean, is it just rinsing after use or do you need to clean it more thoroughly?

Yesterday I had an hour bikeride, not too uptempo, but every hill I encountered I pushed harder.

Today I'll be in the car all day with my bf and tomorrow is another run planned.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lusciousL
welcome new exercisers!

Dear abby I was wondering how you keep the camelback clean, is it just rinsing after use or do you need to clean it more thoroughly?
If you use anything other than plain water, rinse after use immediately, several changes of hot water. Make sure you run some out the drinking tube.

Once a week fill with hot water and add 1 Tbs. of bleach, let sit 15 min. minimum. Make sure some of the solution gets into the tube.
Rinse completely.
There are cleaning kits including a long flexible brush if you do get stuff growing.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Off you goUrbanmule – running in the snow – which storm system are you part of?

Pam, I’ve had some great workouts in hotel fitness rooms – I feel more like I’m playing than the “gotta do it” I sometimes get.

Nice ride Luscious!

HC, thanks very much for the cleaning advice, I don’t plan to use anything other than water, but that can still get gross if allowed to! I figure particularly the mouth piece will need regular disinfection, and this is something never to share!

I actually haven’t used it yet – I’ve had two nice outdoor runs since I got it, but, after unwrapping it, and thanking DH (it was really thoughtful of him to figure it out for me, the hints were somewhat subtle) I hung it on a hook in my closet A few days later I dressed for a run, and it wasn’t there. I took everything out of the closet (always interesting) and it wasn’t there, so I went without. I admitted to DH that I couldn’t find it, and he suggested maybe one of us had put it in the attic with luggage as it looks like a backpack (but I remembered hanging it in my closet!), searched the attic to no avail, it was starting to get weird, I was visualizing highly specialized burglars, when DH found it, hanging on a hook, in another closet. Maybe I can try it out now, it’s bright, clear and cold out – but not the bitter cold we’re going to get (7F tonight)

Let's see if I can pull off a Saturday run!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats to all you who have joined the thread.

Update from cut back week:

Today was my first long run since Christmas Eve. I usually run with the Nike+ running app (pretty nice to have for $1.99) I usually set it up to keep me updated every .5 mile with time, pace, distance. This time I had it update me every 15min with just distance. Somewhere in the back of my mind I figured if I knew my pace I would push too hard, plus it gave me the opportunity to work on my math skills when I got bored.

The first 4.5 miles flew by… I was running a10 min. pace without even thinking about it. At the turnaround I did a few knee-highs to stretch (less then 30 sec) and continued back down the path. I could feel my left arch starting to rub and blister, that wasn’t going to stop me though. At around 7 miles I noticed that the dog walkers where looking at me funny (picture of reason why below) Before I knew it 10 miles was up.

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 1:44:37
Avg. Pace: 10:27
Temp: 18 degrees snow falling, some icy/snow build up on path

I didn’t feel much faster from my cut back week but I did feel rested and had more endurance to finish strong, last mile was a 9:15 pace.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Urbanmule - Congrats on the great run, in snowy/cold weather no less.

Finished 30 minutes of free weights on my arms. Man, they hurt bad, but when I did a few whole arm twirls, the pain went bye-bye. I can't get over that I made it through! I also got more walking in than I thought. Today was bimonthly shopping, so I ended up traipsing nearly a half mile through stores.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.