Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Finally got a good run in. Very hilly 5 miles at 7000 elev. Shuffled up the last couple of hills, but was a gazelle on the downhills. I don't have my GPS w/me, but I'm guessing somewhere just under 8 min/miles.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

Curling started again last night Felt good to be out and active. Still no snow for cross country skiing. I should get out walking to get ready for Havana. I want to do lots of walking in Cuba. Maybe I'll get back to the gym this week. I'll be there tonight but will be eating instead of working out. That just seems wrong! Mary
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

I did boxing the bag yesterday
Finally I could tested those boxing gloves I got for christmas, and my shoulders and arms are a bit in pain now
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds lovely Pam, 9 can see you as a gazelle – and love the kitty avatar!

Mary, what are you doing eating at the gym? I know the Y is always having bakesales and special events!

1 fit challenge, I’m sure that bag had no chance.

For me, it was 3.5 miles (the first at 8.34 pace, then down to ten minute miles, I finished with some good elevation increase), overall time, 37 minutes including warm up and cool down. The run was followed by a boot camp class. We began with laps around the basketball court, and I found myself imitating a gazelle thinking of Pam, on the last lap I ran like the wind, it was fun.
But, I can’t do the stadium stairs things, up is fine, but I get to scared looking down from the top and have to come down slowly – I’m quite afraid of heights.
Have a good day all!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

5 miles yesterday, 54:39 with warm up and cool down... My left ankle feels a little rough, probably just needs to be stretched a little

2.5 Today 1-12-2012

Last edited by Urbanmule; 01-12-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: I felt bad posting back to back
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Boxing sounds cool, especially when you're the one handing out all the punches

yesterday was my scheduled run day but I was SO not feeling it, and my legs and butt still felt stiff and heavy from the bikeride from the day before.

So today I still wasn't feeling it, but I HAD to go outside.
6K, 10 min running 1 min walking, during my run I still wasn't feeling it.

I hope I can find some joy in exercising, until then I'll think of my new shoes and how I should not neglect them but put them to proper use by taking em for a run.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Lucious, we all find tools to get to our workouts, making your sneakers not feel neglected is a new one, but I understand the impulse.

UrbanMule, you continue to impress me!

I am not just being a slug today – I have a personal training session scheduled for after work. Really, I’m not slacking so stop nagging me all of you!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't gone for any walks since Tuesday. I could blame the 2 feet of snow on the ground and -14C temp, but I'll admit that I'm lazy. I have been using free weights for my arms while I wait for my videos to finish processing. It's not a lot (20 minutes today), but it's better than nothing.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
FitDay Member

Zyxst how about snow shovelling?

@Urbanmule: I run for a little over a year now. Did a 5K in spring of 2011 (finished somewhere around 35 min), then had a summer long hiatus, and took it up again, to have another hiatus for December of last year.

The past 1.5 weeks I've run (ran?) 8 miles.

So you could say I've started over from scratch again, with a little bit of past running foundation to help me along.

The main goal is to expand towards running further distances more often, instead of faster times.

While I'm not having any aches or pains, I am however prone to developping a nagging headache when I run. (sunglasses help a bit, as does drinking more water, and I think my new supercushioned shoes are also beneficial against this annoying side effect)

I have one very long term goal: running a marathon. In 2014 I turn 40 and I think it would we awesome to start that new decade off with succesfully completing a marathon

Last edited by lusciousL; 01-12-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Zyxst – I don’t know if the word “lazy” is helpful to call yourself, I say if you were moving those weights, you’re making something happen.

LuciousL – I can’t imagine running a marathon, my one 5K was a great accomplishment, and I’m looking forward to another. In terms of hydrating for running, I got a Camelbak for Christmas (it’s a backpack for water with a tube to drink directly from it) – I’m eager to try as lack of water is what makes me stop.

Last night I met with a personal trainer, I had ‘won’ this session as second place in the “November Exercise Challenge” – pretty sore today, I learned a new move that I don’t think I’ll dare do without a spotter – Bulgarian Lunge with curls (one foot is on the weight bench behind you, you squat on one leg, then, as you are coming up, raise dumbells in a curl). My session finished at 6:30 PM, and I realized, “I’ll be back here in less than 12 hours”.
And I was, killer spinning class, followed by core work.
I’ll undo a lot of my good this week over the weekend (SIL coming into town to watch the Amazing Patriots with DH and me), but I’m feeling good now.

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.