Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from an interval endurance session:

High pulls mixed with sprint rowing, then

goblet squats mixed with sprint rowing.

I got a little winded at the end, but I have LOADS of energy now. I'm bouncing off the walls.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yikes Nik,
You are going to have to explains some of those moves: what's a goblet squat? I do know the feeling of being super jazzed after an intense workout. EXCELLENT! wanna hear more
Old 12-20-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Mary - sounds like you have a lot to face for good reasons – mhy not take it one calorie at a time?

Nik – sounds amazing – I love lunges, they always feel good during, and strong afterwards – that interval endurance session sounds amazing! I’m with Pam, wanna hear more!

Today was spinning – and I was forgiven for missing two classes last week as long as I truly gave all today – so I tried to – really dead at the end of some intervals, but by the end of class I was jazzed, and had some time so I did 22 crunches on the decline bench, captain’s chair lifts, squat press, push ups (basically, one and a half sets of my usual muscle workout).

Then I logged out in the computer and got fireworks, I have made it to 75,000 fit points, which entitles me to a brown T shirt!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Mary - sounds like you have a lot to face for good reasons – mhy not take it one calorie at a time?

Nik – sounds amazing – I love lunges, they always feel good during, and strong afterwards – that interval endurance session sounds amazing! I’m with Pam, wanna hear more!

Today was spinning – and I was forgiven for missing two classes last week as long as I truly gave all today – so I tried to – really dead at the end of some intervals, but by the end of class I was jazzed, and had some time so I did 22 crunches on the decline bench, captain’s chair lifts, squat press, push ups (basically, one and a half sets of my usual muscle workout).

Then I logged out in the computer and got fireworks, I have made it to 75,000 fit points, which entitles me to a brown T shirt!

Awesome Abby - you have a great program at the Y. Wow, lots of rewards for hard work... what a great idea!

Off to CrossFit. Since they post the WOD the night before, I usually know what I am in for, and today sounds like a nice hard work out. Lots of pull ups and since being able to do pull ups w/o assistance is a near term goal, I think I'll have lots of opportunity to work on them
Old 12-20-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Test results were good so no excuses. November is always a disaster for me. Next year I'm either flying south or hitting the road in my car and driving south for the month.

I'm feeling motivated and plan on hitting the Y tonight. Yell at me if I don"t report back that I had a good workout. Mary
Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Test results were good so no excuses. November is always a disaster for me. Next year I'm either flying south or hitting the road in my car and driving south for the month.

I'm feeling motivated and plan on hitting the Y tonight. Yell at me if I don"t report back that I had a good workout. Mary
Hi Mary,
Glad the test results were good. I hear you about Nov. When I lived in Virginia, I hated Nov. Lots of cold rain, windy freezing temps, and dreary days. You are welcomed to come down to SoCal. Nov is usually glorious. Not tropical, but clear skis, temps in the 60s and 70s.

OK now, off with you to the Y. Don't let that old inertia prevent you from doing what you know you want to do .
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tired

Today I am not feeling the gym...ugh. I know if I get there and get dressed and make it up the set of stairs to the long rows of treadmills that I will get the job done. It's the getting there part.

I ran 3.5 miles this morning and wanted to do another 5.5 tonight. Sleepy. Want my down comforter, pillow, and a dvd in the player.

I know I have to do this and I will have such a feeling of empowerment and satisfaction when I am finished so WHY DO I DRAG MY FEET GETTING THERE????
Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dumbdogslounge
Today I am not feeling the gym...ugh. I know if I get there and get dressed and make it up the set of stairs to the long rows of treadmills that I will get the job done. It's the getting there part.

I ran 3.5 miles this morning and wanted to do another 5.5 tonight. Sleepy. Want my down comforter, pillow, and a dvd in the player.

I know I have to do this and I will have such a feeling of empowerment and satisfaction when I am finished so WHY DO I DRAG MY FEET GETTING THERE????
9 miles in a day!!! That's an impressive goal - you'll knock the socks off of many of us, but more importantly, you'll impress yourself, so get there, and report back, we'll give you a BIDIA award (But I did it anyway).

-----------
Mary, I'm looking forward to giving you an award tomorrow!

Abby
Old 12-20-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Pam I love southern California. For years I've told my friends I want to be a bag lady in San Diego when I retire. Made it to the Y tonight for 20 minutes Elliptical, 20 minutes cycling and a workout on the weight machines. Felt good. I never go at night unless to a class. I may start as it would be easier than trying to go during the day. It's just so hard to get back out after I come home.

Last edited by Kumochi; 12-20-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Yup, Ran 3 miles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.