Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 12-01-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh Abby! So sorry. I hope your headache has gone away. I am mostly through the change - I am happy to say. I was on HRT for a while. It really did the trick with the symptoms, but caused nearly continuous spotting (sorry guys for the TMI... just move on now ). Most of the over the counter stuff was useless, or worse, for me. Eventually my Dr. prescribe a mild anti-depressant which helped a lot. I still tend to wake up at 2 or 3 and often stay up for a hour or so, but it is nothing like it was without any medication.

I definitely recommend address this sooner rather than later. You really need not suffer - and anything that interferes with sleep is suffering in my book. I was pretty adverse to medicating what is really a normal phenomenon, but decided my over all mental health was worth saving
Old 12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

ahhhh, workouts are goooood......

Monday--Zumba, we moved from the very basic beginners level to putting the actual steps into the dances. It didn't go very well, and there was a lot of moving around not really knowing what we were doing. But we're getting there, at least we can laugh at ourselves.

Tuesday--after the day I had at work I wasn't really motivated to do anything, so I didn't. And I felt horrible all day Wednesday because of it. Sigh, we live and learn, right?

Wednesday--did a lot of cardio work/boot camp type thing. I wasn't sure I was going to make it through it, and had to stop a few times to catch my breath, but I didn't quit like I really really really wanted to. So, SCORE ONE FOR ME! Years (hell months) past I would have said "screw it" and went and got some ice cream or a Frosty from Wendy's, but I soldiered on and made it through it.

Thursday--yoga. I woke up to some seriously sore muscles stemming from last night's workout. I've always really loved yoga but haven't in my laziness kept up with it for very long. I debated on Zumba tonight or the freaking boot camp but settled on an old favorite. It was yoga with an emphasis on weight loss, and really works the muscles, but it was a good burn. I'm not really sure why I haven't stuck with it in the past, I feel WONDERFUL having finished it for the night.

Friday should be Zumba again. More laughing and dancing around pretending we know what we're doing, when really we're clueless. At least we're having fun with it.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Pam thanks for your helpful words, I'll watch it for a short while.

Tori, WOW - sounds like you've been bit by the keep swimming bug, it is awesome.

After missing yesterday I decided to skip Spinning today as I am running a craft fair tomorrow, tonight will be very energetic moving tables and tearing around the parish hall being the boss, so I'm hoarding energy - but I took a nice long walk on the way to work carrying quite a heavy pack (full of all the stuff I'll need tonight).

Abby
Old 12-02-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

WOW Tori, you are killing it!
It looks like you are having a blast at Zumba - that's all the matters
Pretty sore from the CrossFit today, but yoga tonight will help work it out.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

I don't do much walking/running and I decided to go for a longish one yesterday. Being the overenthusiastic girl that I am, I wanted to end it with a run... Needless to say, my shins were a bundle of pain today! Ain't gonna be walking far for a few days hehe. Had to opt for a session of cycling and swimming at the gym instead. Oh well, you live and you learn!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

I did my usual half hour brisk walk before breakfast. Being only 5ft tall and fairly stocky build, walking at 4mph is very hard for me given my short step. So I just walk fast enough to get out of breath, steam up my specs and feel my fingers and toes warm.

I do about 2km (my pedometer is only calibrated in km not miles) but a good half of that is going uphill, not steeply but steadily. I'll do the same walk this evening before dinner.

My chiropractor advised me against running, given my history of back and knee problems but, maybe when I get stronger and fitter, I might try adding in a hundred metre jog every now and again to see how it goes.

Not a nice morning though - grey, windy, chilly and drizzling
Old 12-04-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Fit4meee
I don't do much walking/running and I decided to go for a longish one yesterday. Being the overenthusiastic girl that I am, I wanted to end it with a run... Needless to say, my shins were a bundle of pain today! Ain't gonna be walking far for a few days hehe. Had to opt for a session of cycling and swimming at the gym instead. Oh well, you live and you learn!
Oooops on the over do - but you get big props for the attempt. I hope you get back to walking soon. I still think it is the best exercise out there. I run mostly because I am fundamentally impatient .

Originally Posted by Armorel
I did my usual half hour brisk walk before breakfast. Being only 5ft tall and fairly stocky build, walking at 4mph is very hard for me given my short step. So I just walk fast enough to get out of breath, steam up my specs and feel my fingers and toes warm.

I do about 2km (my pedometer is only calibrated in km not miles) but a good half of that is going uphill, not steeply but steadily. I'll do the same walk this evening before dinner.

My chiropractor advised me against running, given my history of back and knee problems but, maybe when I get stronger and fitter, I might try adding in a hundred metre jog every now and again to see how it goes.

Good job Armorel! I hear you about short legs and trying to get to 4 mph, but it sound like you really pushed the effort! Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Armorel

Just wanted to throw some encouragement your way. I started a quick 45 minute walk every night back in September, then in the middle of October i started to add some running.

The first time i ran i made it about 100 yards and that was it. The next day i was sore also.

Today i ran for 7 minutes then walked for 100 yards then ran 3 more minutes again on an uphill grade for the second part. The overall run was 1.8 km with the first run non-stop was 1.1 kim before i walked.

No way i thought in my lifetime i would run that but here i am!! Take it easy and one step at a time and it can all happen!! Best of luck
Old 12-05-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Fit4Meee- I hope you enjoyed overdoing it, it can be fun, not wise, but a high – nothing wrong with the cycle / swim – alternating is very smart. Good work not making it an excuse to do nothing!

Armorel - grey, windy, chilly and drizzeling – not inviting, but there is no bad weather, only bad clothing – keep walking – it lets you see intersting things and is good for the mind and soul as well as the body.

Waynegretzky, I completely know what you mean about not believeing you would be running – someone aske d me “are you a runner?” I said “no, but I run” – still can’t believe it.

Pam, sorry your race didn’t happen, life intervenes.

I’m feeling pretty good about my maintain don’t gain, Saturday found me at 157 which is down from my November 1 weight.
I’m counting Saturday as exercise, I was on my feet all day runing a craft fair, moving tables, cheering people on, it was great! Today I got my little walk which isn’t really exercise but a joy!

Stay strong!

Abby
Old 12-05-2011, 04:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I didn't get a run in this weekend for the first time in months, nor did I get enough water. I am really dragging this morning . On the bright side I did get a bunch of holiday and house chores done, but I could have kept up with the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.