Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Pam and Natalie, you’ve labeled something so true of the human condition – what we need we can’t do – people who really need to take a bit of time and relax never can, those of us who know exercise will bring sanity, can’t find the gym time…

Mary – that regular schedule will make a difference, put it in your calendar, make an appointment with your most important client – YOU!

Welcome Tori, great to see your movement improving.

I had Spin class today, worked hard – the instructor pulled a dirty trick – he had us in a really hard interval, and said “just ten seconds more”, then ten seconds later “just ten seconds more”- But – I did it!

And, last night I went to Marshalls, and found a lovely jacket - $240 full price marked down to $39 (the full price isn’t real is it? No one pays that), I think it’s one of those things I’ll find myself wearing all the time, and it is size 8 – must be a vanity size – can’t be me!

Have a great day everyone!

Abby
Old 11-22-2011, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Pam I enjoyed your photos. I took some of my roses bloomimg despite snow on them and on the ground. Keep up the good work everyone. I'm focusing on my diet this week. My leg has been sore off and on -- my excuse. I'm debating Dr. or Chiropracter as I think it's my back bothering the nerve to the inside of my knee. Hurts like mad (not my first choice of word) then stops hurting -- all for no reason. I've gone through this before and it annoys me. I ignored and agravated it once and limped for 9 months. Now it just comes and goes.

Mary
Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeah Tori! Glad you are feeling better and back to the gym (I am guessing, but I suppose one could do Zumba at home.)

Abby, great going in the spin class! Sometimes those tricky coaches can really pull more out of a body than the body thinks it has.

A freind is trying to talk me into a 15K (9.4 mi) race on 12/4. Wasn't sure I wanted to do it, 'cuz I wasn't sure that I could without walking. But I ran 11.5 miles yesterday at 5000' elevation and was pleasantly surprised at my endurance. My X-fit buddy says that's the result of working out, and I'm beginning to believe her.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Nice going Pam - sounds like a beautiful run. Mary, sorry injuries are adding to your movie, be careful!

I didn't exercise today - I'm working a half day the going out to The Cape (that's Cape Cod if you're not from Massachusetts) - my sister in law lives at the very tip. DH was trying to talk me out of adding one more gym bag to what we were tranporting, so I said "I know, I'll just run in the neighborhood" but I awoke to torrential rain and a cuddly cat, the cat won.

I am trying to be very firm that I will wake up and run in the National Seashore tomorrow before the Big Event!

We have so much to be thankful for, I'll start with my ability to control my health!

Abby
Old 11-23-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

No walking for me today. We got a huuuge snowstorm Back to Turbo Jam, then! Are any of you not able to do sit-ups or crunches? It seems my muscles are too weak (kinda sad haha)
Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Fit4meee
Are any of you not able to do sit-ups or crunches? It seems my muscles are too weak (kinda sad haha)
A year ago I couldn't do crunches - then some dedicated coaches, and a dedicated me got in on the scene, and now, I can routinely do 20 on the decline bench WOO HOO!

There are more important things than crunches, and a lot of steps to get you stronger on the way to them - can you get live help? If not, there are people on this board who can give you on-line advice.

Enjoy your TurboJam!

Abby
Old 11-23-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I didn't exercise today - I'm working a half day the going out to The Cape (that's Cape Cod if you're not from Massachusetts) - my sister in law lives at the very tip. DH was trying to talk me out of adding one more gym bag to what we were tranporting, so I said "I know, I'll just run in the neighborhood" but I awoke to torrential rain and a cuddly cat, the cat won.

I am trying to be very firm that I will wake up and run in the National Seashore tomorrow before the Big Event!

We have so much to be thankful for, I'll start with my ability to control my health!

Abby
Ahhhh, can't blame you not wanting to disturb the kitty! Have fun on the Cape - Nov isn't usually my favorite time there, especially out t'wards P'town. Man, when it gets stormy, it is really stormy But DH and I have spent many days in May and Sept (pre and post tourist season.) His dad grew up in Harwich and we used to love fly fishing from shore around Chatam. It has kind of fallen off recently because of the seal population, but I still find the Cape enchanting.

Stick to your resolve Abby, at the very least go for a nice long walk.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new! (To the forumn)

I did a 40 min bootcamp class (I actually get course credit for it at my college) It's mostly periods high intensity cardio followed by moving rest. Sprints, crunches, burpees, more sprints, mountain climbers, lunges, decline push-ups, slides, whatever the hell instructor wants to throw at us. His words when we entered the class were "If we see tires, we jump over them. If we see a car, we'll flip it" d=

I just got out of the weight room doing squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, and lat pull down. Guys are always looking at me like, wtf,a girl not on the eliptical?

Tommorow I'm running 4 miles and enjoying Turkey day. d=
Old 11-25-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome SillyRunner - I know what you mean about being an unexpected woman in the weight room, I have less self confidence than you, and my gym nicely has the big weight room, and separately a few sets of free weights (plenty heavy enough for me) in another area. The guys are always nice, and I've never felt they didn't want me there, I'm just more comfortable in the other area.

I got two great runs in on the cape - thought of you Pam as you are always running in beautiful places. I got about 4 miles each day, and experienced a variety of textures underfoot, sand, pine needles, leaves, mud (I walked and picked my way around that). Truly magic!

Stay strong!
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Sillyrunner I'm the slackered in the group and count housework and sitting in my infrared sauna as exercise. I prefer to do fun things such as curling, biking etc however I need to get to be a more regular attendee at the gym. Next week is it for getting back to the Y.

Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.