Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Made my 3rd trip to the Y for this week - part of my attempt to get back into my strength building program. Did my weights and then decided to try the new treadmill. I prefer the elliptical - or at least I used to! I can now play games against the computer while walking 3.5 K an hour. My knee objected when I tried to run at 4 K so I slowed back down and ended up spending 30 minutes trying to beat the machine at Connect 4. I never used reading or music to keep me going. Now I see how fast the time can fly when your mind is occupied. I'll be doing the treadmill till I can win on Medium and hard levels! Now for some sunshine and outdoor exercise.

Managed a 3K hike this afternoon. A beautiful day to be on the Bruce Trail. Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 09-25-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

I will do 30 mins on the Arc Trainer and 15 mins stroll on the treadmill!
Old 09-26-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

I will go for a 50 minute bike ride. I've booked a check up for my bike so I may be without it for a few days -- but I'll have brakes when I get it back! Did my sauna and yoga this morning. Mary
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Trying something new, getting up at 3:30 instead of 3:45 to do 15 minutes on Wii Fit. Got about 10 minutes in this morning. Plan to make this a daily habit, but we'll see.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Let us know how it goes Michael. I find the wii fit games good to keep me at it once I start. Getting started is my difficulty. 3:00 AM? I thought I was doing well getting up at 6:30 for an hour of Infrared Sauna and Yoga.

Now have brakes working on my bike, however the chain derailed on me last evening and I had to walk it home. Annoying after having it tuned up. I may have tightened it the right amount to prevent it happening again - if not back to the shop tomorrow. No excuse for not exercising today. Y here I come. Mary
Old 09-28-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Let us know how it goes Michael. I find the wii fit games good to keep me at it once I start. Getting started is my difficulty. 3:00 AM? I thought I was doing well getting up at 6:30 for an hour of Infrared Sauna and Yoga.
Well, I don't like to rush around in the morning. By the time I've finished in the bathroom, cooked breakfast, packed our lunches, done the dishes, made and drank the coffee, checked in here, checked email, got dressed, fed and watered the chickens, made sure both Jeeps will start and be on the road at 6:30 I've easily killed two and a half hours. It was either give up one cup of coffee or try getting up another 15 minutes earlier. I do try to be in bed by 8 or 8:30.

I like the WiiFit running and the bicycling--I can work up a sweat. Some of the other games are just fun, like the snowball fight. Anyway, I figure another 15 minutes of moving per day will help!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-29-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've been missing for about a week - had a wonderful trip to the Finger Lakes in upstate New York - the only exercise was a glorious hike in Watkins Glen State Park (amazing place), and lifting wine glasses.

Back on Tuesday - when I took my second Spin class - I had purchased the padded shorts, and they did make it much easier.

Yesterday, nothing, I had an early meeting with a client (I did walk quite a long way in heels, which have stretched a little so my calves had to work to keep them on, it was odd exercise, don't know if I can count it)

Today was a run, not a great run, I don't currently have a reliable watch, and I did my loop and thought, I better stop so I can get to work, but I actually had more time.

Sort of blah both in my exercise, and my overall feeling about bothering - I expect they feed each other!
Abby
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I've been missing too. Occassionally lurking, but not posting.

The exercise program continues pretty much on pace. Had another short break in the run-lift-yoga routine to do another round of extreme gardening at the mountain place the past weekend. Rock hunting and lifting, tree and shrub planting, shrub unplanting (digging out of undesirables), dirt and gravel hauling, not to mention lots of water hauling to the parts of the property I do not have hoses long enough to reach.

Michael your morning Wii programs sounds like fun. Maybe you and Almeeker can get together one morning. It would probably work out on one of those nights when she isn't sleeping well. You get up at 3, she's up pacing the floor at 1 or 2 and you both get a little workout in!

Mary I hope you get your chain problem fixed.

And everyone else: Great to read your posts. Keep moving forward (at least figuratively).
Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, Extreme Gardening sounds very productive – I was just reading an article about the actual sport (there is one) which involves trying to grow the biggest pumpkins, it seems an odd passion

Natalie, keep on crunching

Mary, hope your bike gets happy again, I’ve never been much of a biker because of ‘all that technology stuff’

Michael, your mornings actually sound nice, I can usually get up pretty easily, but there is a task for eery minute

Today was a weight day, more reps on my squat press routine, but push ups continue to challenge!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby keep on pushing up! Only way to get better is to do 'em.

CrossFit today. Decided to skip the olympic lifting and just do the workout (it was plenty )

Finally mastered the 20" box jump today. It is the one movement that kinda scares me 'cuz you can hurt yourself if you miss and trip. But I knew I had the strength - just needed a spotter for a while. We use a giant truck tire so you have to pretty accurate in you jump up landing. Felt pretty darn good!

Sleep well east coasters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.