Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Unplaned exercise today My seadoo quit 5 Kilometers from home. Was rescued by a sailboat then got a neighbour to tow me home with his motor boat. I had to use my kayak paddle to get out of the Marina where the sail boat towed me and then to get back into my shore when the neighbour dropped me off. Good arm exercise! The sail boat happened to have a couple friends on that I hadn't seen for a while. They had some compliments on how fit I was looking -- wearing my bathing suit and a life jacket! LOL Mary
I agree with Abby, ah the joys of being physically fit! Sounds like a fun adventure, especially running into old friends. But get that seedoo looked at! I don't want the next adventure to have a less than a happy ending
Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm taking my cell phone and a paddle with me from now on. My neighbours gave me their number to put in the cell phone so they can come rescue me. Still working on the Seadoo. I think it was my fault for letting the oil get too low. I believe there is an auto shut off. Took my Yamaha Waverunner out tonight. It never lets me down. LOL Great stress relief well appreciated tonight. I should go for a bike ride but it's getting dark. Mary
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

20 minutes on an elliptical followed by 40 minutes of Zumba. Way Fun! I think I'm starting to be able to follow the choreography!

And, our heat wave broke, I'm able to move and breathe again!

Great work all of you - I love reading about real life like moving dirt around!

Have a good day!

Abby
Old 07-26-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Jump rope

FROM ABBY:
Pam , jump ropes really scare me! I am sure I’ll sent one flying and poke someone else’s eye out (is there one recorded case of this? Probably not). Perhaps the next thing I work on developing should be grace, but for now, strength and cardio fitness will do!

Actually Abby I don't think a jump rope has ever injured any one but the jumpee. I have whip marks on the backs of my legs and one time I did let one of the handles go, but it just came back and bonked me in the head . To tell you the truth the worst problem with jumping rope (once you get the hang of it) is the effect it has on a 53 year old bladder. In the spirit of avoiding TMI, let's just say it is a good idea to limit fluids and take a prophilacitic bathroom break before beginning.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the TMI Pam, I find I need that pre workout bathroom break before any jumping moving activity - including running.

So today 2.25 miles in 21 minutes, then some weight work, there were three guys working out in the free weight room, and I couldn't find a 10 pound weight for one of my lifts - I screwed up and took one off a bar near someone, and he let me know he was using that one - he was between sets. He was perfectly nice about it, but I felt very small, and not welcome in there, so I moved to another area - got a lot of sit ups on the decline bench (two sets of 25, and I moved it up to a higher tilt for the second set), pec flies on the ball (2 sets of 20, 10 lb weights), thinker curls, lunges - a good set even if not the one I planned.

Not feeling pumped, sort of tired, a little dizzy as I left the Y - I ate my yogurt and mango, hope that solves it.

Abby
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Sailing last night was good. Not a lot of exercise this week -- gotta get moving. Golfing tonight should burn a few calories. I plan to walk unless the temp goes too high. Mary
Old 07-27-2011, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Went for a run after work- a nice long one for me, ran 6.67 miles in 97* weather-felt good. I was so into my zone that I ran past a 3' rattler and didn't realize it till I passed it by
Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Golfing last night pulling the clubs. The Mexican dinner that followed has my weight up however I expect it's the salt. Must get to the Y today. Mary
Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

45 minutes on The Wave (side to side elliptical), my thighs will thank me!

SW - I can't imagine the place you're running, I'm really a city girl, rattler? On the path? yikes!

Mary, golf has no appeal, I'm to clutzy, but I can imagine the joy of a walk around a nice green place, dragging a heavy weight - do you think I could play without hitting balls?

Have a great day!

Abby
Old 07-28-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
SW - I can't imagine the place you're running, I'm really a city girl, rattler? On the path? yikes!
LOL...yeah, its the 2nd snake I've seen this summer and it was kinda big in my opinion, it was laid out in the shade on top of the levee,but as long as your not stepping on top of it, your ok
I'll try to post a pic of the area, its a very popular place for recreation, we just had the Eppies Great Race last weekend (triathlon),that's my goal for next year is to enter the Ironman for that race.

I run along the levee that also has a bike trail the follows the American River - basically a nature reserve in an urban setting so there is a mix of "creatures" at all times. The scariest is when I saw mountain lion in the tall grass while I was biking thru the horse trails to my favorite fishing hole- needless to say, I got out of the area very quickly

Link to some photos of the area:
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p...arofiend/Runs/

Last edited by sw07; 07-28-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.