Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Thanks yauncin,
I appreciate the comparison.
And congrats on the PR
No problem! And thanks!

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
I do a 30 mile run/blade/bike ride with a friend whenever I get the chance. It's a killer workout even in perfect weather but after doing it on one of the hottest days of the year I lost 3 lbs even though I drank plenty of water and Gatorade!

ETA: RunBikeSki, nice time on your miles!
Yauncin, congrats on your PR!
Thanks! I only break for liquid every 3 to 4 miles and I can't drink a lot when I'm running.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Heat has denatured my brain

Mary, sounds like you’ve kept moving, without melting, something impressive! Sailing is a wonderful activity – it’s really big here in Boston (Community Boating on the Charles wants to make sure everyone can, regardless of wealth), but I never have time.
Pam , jump ropes really scare me! I am sure I’ll sent one flying and poke someone else’s eye out (is there one recorded case of this? Probably not). Perhaps the next thing I work on developing should be grace, but for now, strength and cardio fitness will do!
Yauncin, I look forward to getting to know you, maybe one day I’ll be a distance runner, or a speed runner, now, I’m just proud to move!
So for me, yesterday I went to the dentist instead of the gym… well, another form of taking care of myself. Today was supposed to be weights, but I could not get my locker open, after trying the combination 11 times I went and borrowed a bolt cutter from the desk. Destroyed my lock and then realized I was doing the combination (which I have done for almost 2 years) in the wrong order.
So, I got on a treadmill to warm up before lifting, and it felt good, so I decided, just keep it going. I got 4.25 miles in 40 minutes, my 5K was 28 minutes. It felt good! And so did my cold shower ! We’re supposed to see 95 today.

Abby
Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Cute story Abby. I did something similar with a keyed lock. Had a bunch of keys on the key chain including (as it turned out ) 2 little master lock keys. When the one did work, I never noticed the other one and had to have the lock cut off before I realized I was just using the wrong key .

Crossfit. Strength was box squats and dead lifts at 75% of your max weight. For some reason the squats were pretty challenging when last week's weight at 70% were pretty easy. The coach and I were coming up with all kinds of reasons, better rested last week, nutrition, blah, blah, blah. As I was preparing for the deadlifts (which are heavier) I realized I had made a math error (not in my favor) and was actually squating 85% of my max . OK, now that explains it!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Unplaned exercise today My seadoo quit 5 Kilometers from home. Was rescued by a sailboat then got a neighbour to tow me home with his motor boat. I had to use my kayak paddle to get out of the Marina where the sail boat towed me and then to get back into my shore when the neighbour dropped me off. Good arm exercise! The sail boat happened to have a couple friends on that I hadn't seen for a while. They had some compliments on how fit I was looking -- wearing my bathing suit and a life jacket! LOL Mary
Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Mary shows us one of the values of getting in shape, you are able to solve the problems life throws you!

I did some elliptical to warm up, then weights, got some good lifting in. One of the trainers (whom I really like, but think of as "the kid") came into the weight room (I think he was bored, but he was making himself useful, putting things away), he corrected my form a few times, then picked up my clipboard, and said "this is a great routine, did you write it?" Felt good, but I hadn't - one of the other trainers and I had.

No major accomplishments, but getting there and working out seemed very worthy. We're supposed to hit 100 today - about once a year I say "forget this carbon footprint nonsense, buy an air conditioner" - this weekend will be it! (By the time I'm fairly serious about it, the heat wave is over).

Stay Strong!

Abby
Old 07-23-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Shoveled about 5 yards of gravel in the 93 degree heat for four hours yesterday--I think that constitutes exercise.

Got another couple of yards left in the pile to take care of today.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-24-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Lots of exercise yesterday, bike ride, kayaking then intentionally capsizing the kayak in prep for sailing, swiming after in bay then playing in pool falling off air mattress then dancing. If it wasn't for the calories in the liquers I consumed I'd be good. Mary
Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Swim...Swim...Swim

Our son's wedding is in Oct.and I'm on a mission. With the heat, I've been in the pool swimming. Killing two birds with one stone. Cooling off and swimming that weight off. Gotta love that. I keep a tall glass of ice water with lemon to refresh myself.
I plan on a little walk with hubby after dinner!!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

You have done fantastic!! Way to gooooooo!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Shoveled about 5 yards of gravel in the 93 degree heat for four hours yesterday--I think that constitutes exercise.

Got another couple of yards left in the pile to take care of today.

Regards,
Michael
Yikes Michael, that is MAJOR exercise.

Counting backwards: Monday is usually a rest day mostly because I need it to get the rest of the week lined up with projects and employees. That's what gives me the freedom to do all the other activities during the week.
Sunday: House and yard puttering. I had planned on a long run, but just didn't have the gumption when I got up, and then it got too hot. So I used the time effectively to get house and home in order for a couple of weeks away.
Saturday: Crossfit was offering an optional obstacle course-type training class. All outdoors, basically jumping or climbing over stuff, walking on horizontal telephone poles, occassionally scrambling under said telephone poles and some sprinting. In otherwords a chance to be a kid again. It was a blast. I had to resurrect a few skills, but nothing too physically challenging, just fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.