Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-19-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Carol, let us know how it’s going – nice walks with hubby can be a wonderful gift.

Michealleo, I’d keep the workouts, then, as you are slowly building, you’re getting muscle, but I’m no expert – probably wise to talk to one!

Pam, you’re so right – yesterday’s great accomplishment becomes todays “that’s all?” – this is one reason I like keeping track you can impress yourself with long term progress – 10 miler? Can’t imagine!!

SW and Mary you two seem to be in the ‘live life as exercise mode’ great appraoch.

As for me – a lot of squats, lunges and crunches, followed by Zoomba – still not sure if that is time better spent on the treadmill, but it is fun so I’ll stay for a while.

Abby
Old 07-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dear_abby

Michealleo
, I’d keep the workouts, then, as you are slowly building, you’re getting muscle, but I’m no expert – probably wise to talk to one!
I agree! Pick up heavy stuff. Put down heavy stuff. Repeat!

Eat a lot of healthy foods to help bulk up. Do you have any stats?

What's your daily diet right now?
Old 07-19-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Sailing Lesson last night and tonight. Strong wind and inexperienced skipper last night -- does fear burn calories? I hope to get a Y session in between work, haircut and sailing lesson. Work does interfere with life. Mary
Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yes, Mary, actually fear does burn calories. It's that constant pumping of adrenaline that keeps your muscle tense and tight. One of the reasons why folks are so exhausted after a frightening experience even though they barely moved.

I sure hope you have recovered. Why did the send you out with such and inexperience skipper???? That seems a little irresponsible IMO.

Crossfit this morning. The workout included "double-unders". That's jump rope, but the rope passes under your feet twice for each jump. It is harder on your hands and arms than on your legs. And the timing is really tricky. I know it takes most people quite a while to get them, but I am so frustrated with 1 or 2, maybe 3 at a time then the rope whips the back of my legs - ouch! Today was 50 X 3reps (with squats inbetween). It took soooooo freakin' long. Oh well, practice makes perfect - or so they say

Oh and Michealleo, I agree with the others, (especially vabeachgirlNYC ) keep the weight program. You would rather be muscley slim than a sad, skinny, weakling anyway .
Old 07-19-2011, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I did an experiment to see how much I was sweating (dehydration) since I don't usually carry water on these runs. 6.5 miles, just under and hour = 1.5 lbs . IDK but that seems like alot.
On a 6 mile run, which I did this morning, I'll drop about 2 lbs. I just did 16 miles on Sunday, which is a personal best for me in distance, and dropped 5 lbs. I can drop 5 lbs after anything over 12 miles.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks yauncin,
I appreciate the comparison.
And congrats on the PR
Old 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I did an experiment to see how much I was sweating (dehydration) since I don't usually carry water on these runs. 6.5 miles, just under and hour = 1.5 lbs . IDK but that seems like alot.
Originally Posted by yauncin
On a 6 mile run, which I did this morning, I'll drop about 2 lbs. I just did 16 miles on Sunday, which is a personal best for me in distance, and dropped 5 lbs. I can drop 5 lbs after anything over 12 miles.
I do a 30 mile run/blade/bike ride with a friend whenever I get the chance. It's a killer workout even in perfect weather but after doing it on one of the hottest days of the year I lost 3 lbs even though I drank plenty of water and Gatorade!

ETA: RunBikeSki, nice time on your miles!
Yauncin, congrats on your PR!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 07-19-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

No wind tonight so sailing was very calm -- one extreme to another. Pam, we are all learning so the instructor pairs us up and I let the other person skipper. The instructor did join us after a while and that relieved a lot of my fear. They are going to make us capsize before we are done so that should get the adrenalin up! The instructors have been very good. Made it to the Y and feel good despite 2 nights in a small boat. Mary
Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

HEY vabeachgirlNYC,
Nice to see you back and posting, it seems like you have been out of the loop for a while. Thanks for the compliment.

That 30 mile run/blade/bike ride sounds like a lot of fun. Do you all do that in the tidewater or go somewhere else. I grew up in NoVA and I would imagine that the hottest day of the year in Va Beach would be pretty miserable. Although biking and blading aren't quite as bad as running when it comes to the energy vs. cooling index.

Mary,
Glad to see that you had a calmer lesson today. DH and I are really hoping to do the sailing thing in the next couple of years. Both of us did some sailing as kids. He at Cape Cod and me in the Chesapeak Bay.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

No planned exercise today however I expect I will kayak out to the middle of the bay looking for cool air. A swim may be in order as well. Pam, I'm enjoying the sailing lessons however I have realized the dream is better than the reality. Hopefully one of my son's will get a sailboat and I can crew for them. I've decided I don't want to buy one. Next comes the Stand up paddle board. I may rent one this year to see how it goes. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.