Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 05-24-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Abby,
If you are feeling under the weather it is probably best not to share your germs with the folks at the gym anyway. It sounds like you came up with the perfect compromise: Feeding the body, mind, and spirit! I'm glad you had such a pleasant day off (from exersize, that is)

OK off to CrossFit - it looks like 400M sprints and barbell squats today - yippee!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
On a side note, I've been following Humphrey's recovery posts and hope he's doing well. It kills me when my animals are in pain and could only imagine what Humphrey has been going through.

Thanks so much SW, there is an update with pix in the Womens' corner.

He is, indeed, doing very well. We are hoping that his red blood cell count will be high enough during is check-up on Thursday that we can remove the feeding tube soon. But he has never been much of an eater, so we'll see.

BTW I am so happy the you found the resources to get back to the gym.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

No, yet again my cold prevents it. It comes and goes, but the worst time of day is early morning, my work out time. Come on Immune system, do your thing!

I ran into one of my workout buddies on the subway yesterday - we have a standing appointment for Tuesday mornings, and I had wanted to e-mail her to say why I wasn't there, but I don't even know her last name, she's just a gym friend, so it was fun to be able to explain to her face, and to look congested enough (like she's judging, LOL).

Got a little walk in this AM, and yesterday evening an hour of desperately needed yard work (the 40 days of rain are over, and the sun is saying "grow, grow, grow" to everything I don't want!)

So, long excuse, but "no, I didn't really exerciese today"
Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

The jog went well yesterday--don't know why some day are better than others? It's beautiful here today, for a change. I also walked to the PO yesterday afternoon at a more moderate pace--I'd say its all of 1.5 miles round trip and I went back the "uphill" route so worked up a good lather even though I wasn't jogging.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yup Michael, some days are definitely better than others.

CrossFit today. Thrusters and pullups. Thrusters are a kind of squat move that as you come up the bar is raised over your head. It is a pretty much full body experience.

I was just not feeling that strong, plus squats (of any type) blow my legs out and I often can't run the next day, so I weenied the weight. Got a bit of the skink-eye from the coach, but I did most of the sets unbroken, without stopping, so he let it go.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Another good jog today. It was about 70 out and sunny for a change and boy did I sweat--that's GOTTA burn some cals. I sit and drip for almost a half hour after I'm done .

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default I am a slug

A good run feels great doesn't it Michael? that sweating and feeling you've done something is a wonderful feeling, or so I recall...

I've gone a week without breaking a sweat or moving a weight (well, I did move some file boxes). There have been lovely walks, but no heart pounding times.
True, I have had a cold, but I'm feeling like Cassie's tag line, once I dropped one egg, I kept throwing down the other 11!!

I realize that I'm pretty unlikely to hit my goal of moving the big weight on the scale by my birthday (June 20th - that would be about 10 lbs in 4 weeks, doable, but unlikely) - so since I'm not going to hit, why not have beer on Thursday night? Why not have a handful of those wonderful almonds? Cheese? I'd love some...

So, here's to Memorial day with some self control, and fun movement, then good gym work all next week!

Abby
Old 05-27-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Everyone needs a break now and then

Abby,
Don't stress too much about your lack of exercise. We all take breaks, planned or unplanned, for good reasons and for not so good reason. I have taken many, many over the years. But since I know how great I feel once I get back on the program getting restarted is usually just a matter of setting the date to restart. So have fun over the weekend and set your sights on getting back into it next week.

Today was s'pozed to be an AM run, but work got in the way. Tonight will definitely be a yoga night.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

I'm enjoying my break
Old 05-30-2011, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Memorial Day, Everyone!

I thought I would start posting here about what I have done, concerning exercising.

I am just starting on my weight lost journey, so doing cardio for 20 minutes may not be impressive compared to some of the other folk's post here. But to me, it's a start...

I plan on increasing my cardio and adding weights, coupled with rebounding to exercise my lymph system.

~ aug77 ~

-----------------------------------------------------
June 1, 2011 - 230
goal weight - 135

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.